POST your gig pics - Page 15
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by r0bust View Post
    So you have a vci-100 arcade addition and you're still in middle school!??! I'd love your parents if I had them hahah(unless you saved up your allowance yourself =p)
    No, I teach in a Middle School, and yes unfortunately we do need security in todays day and age. In fact many other schools have SRO's which are School Resource Officers (real cops in schools).
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

I had an officer on campus in my schools more than 2 decades ago. It's nothing new!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, we had plaint clothed cops, uniformed officers and SRO's in my high school, 1 decade ago. But that was a post-Columbine world, so it was pretty much assumed. And I lived in the suburbs of the suburbs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Yeah, we had plaint clothed cops, uniformed officers and SRO's in my high school, 1 decade ago. But that was a post-Columbine world, so it was pretty much assumed. And I lived in the suburbs of the suburbs.
    It seems to prevent most of the B.S. when the kids know there is a cop IN the building.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

I think what did it for the delinquents in my school was that they knew the cops were all carrying guns.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

most of the delinquents in my school were carrying guns too. it just made things even. hah! My HS was the first in the country to install metal detectors. PRE-columbine.

edit: All I'm trying to say is child delinquency is nothing new. Kids have been terrible for decades! We just suddenly got over protective.
    Last edited by Monika.mhz; 06-01-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    most of the delinquents in my school were carrying guns too. it just made things even. hah! My HS was the first in the country to install metal detectors. PRE-columbine.

edit: All I'm trying to say is child delinquency is nothing new. Kids have been terrible for decades! We just suddenly got over protective.
    Totally true, the other advantage of security in the building is to deter outsiders from coming in. You have to sign in here and show id in order to go anywhere in the building. We get the occasional box cutter or knife, but no guns yet. More guns at the hs level across the nation than in the ms. With 1200 students we have 14 guards here daily, posted throughout the building.

This is very true, Monika. But, regardless of all of this, let's just bask in the glory of that jthompsn's pic in the first post, and not dwell on those delinquents that ruin the fun for everyone else
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Teachers at my school had whistles and if you misbehaved they would like, blow the whistle and tell you off...

Police with guns in school is fuuuuuuuuucked up.

Yeah, well, in some schools, if a teacher blew a whistle they'd get thrown down a flight of stairs here. But in the schools I went to the kids were a lot more abusive to each other, not really to the teachers.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall