VCI-400 Problem - Page 17
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

he was talking about VDJ. not traktor..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

Quick update

I had a blast on VDJ

its good in some ways, different to the traktor map with fx hotkeys on the rubber buttons. But its a bit windows95. and the effects are shockingly bad.

But its good to have a blast on something else other than traktor for an afternoon.

Back to latency.

I jammed traktor for an hour on 512 buffer, seems pretty safe on the (massive) 20ms latency.

but back on any other 256 or 128 was bad

BUT .....

i tried the Task Manager setting priority for traktor.exe (cheers for that little tip )

on 'highest' it was still a bit problematic but on 'realtime' it seemed to cope even on the lowest 5.4ms latency. (i only ran the test for 10 or 15 minutes)

so it might be good news

I need to re-establish trust in audio not dropping out, but for now it seems better with the TASK Manager setting to 'realtime' for traktor.exe

is 'realtime' a bad setting to have it on?

also Power supply........ I am promised a replacement, but i don't hold much hope for the robustness if i can break it getting it out the box a few times. When the power supply stops, the VCI400 looses all control in traktor, even after the power is back on. so it's really a bad thing to happen.

if the power for the vci400 has been interrupted, Is there a way of re-engaging the controller to control traktor, without having to close traktor and open it again?
    Last edited by RD444; 12-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Tech Wizard

Anyone use the VCI-400 real on PA in the club?
    I try XRL output form VCI-400 on PA (RCF TT22-A + RCF TTS12-A) but master output is low. In the programs is an indicator of the red peak. Sound from my NI Audio 8 DJ has at 40% more than VCI400

Tech Wizard

Today released a new version of Serato DJ intro, but the VCI-400 is still not supported!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Anyone use the VCI-400 real on PA in the club?
    I try XRL output form VCI-400 on PA (RCF TT22-A + RCF TTS12-A) but master output is low. In the programs is an indicator of the red peak. Sound from my NI Audio 8 DJ has at 40% more than VCI400
    I'm interested in this too, does anyone have a volume comparison to other outputs from other decks or audio cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Goomo View Post
    To set the CPU priotity you have to start Traktor and while running you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to the Task manger. There you go to the running processes and right click on the Traktor.exe. There should be an option available to change the priority...
    What i did was:

• Ctrl+Alt+Del (Task manger.)
    • Find Traktor.exe
    • Right click - go to process
    • Right click process - set priority to 'realtime'

(initially for 10 minutes, it had a positive response to low latency without drop outs, but i need to run more stability tests)

This really helped me yesterday, but i ran out of time to do more than 10 minutes testing. So I need a bit more time to see if it actually is a fix.

Also this setting did not have to be set for any other gear (Reloop DJ2, Audio2DJ, Vestax VCi100mk2). So it is still a little odd that the more expensive unit needs this setting?

@Goomo - Did this not work for you?
    Last edited by RD444; 12-15-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Tech Mentor

Hey Goomo,

Sorry this took long. I am not sure this will help, but firstly, the Vestax people seem to be aware of a driver issue that occurs in versions up to 2.1.1. This particular problem is supposed to be gone in 2.1.2. Have you ever updated to 2.1.2?

Azu, I am sorry you had to let go of your 400... The 400 comes with a brand new sound card... perhaps the sound card wasn't quite ready yet...

Tech Convert

Hi all,
    just got the VCI 400 and I have a problem, the computer recognizes and installs fine but when I open traktor pro 2 recognizes the VCI 400 midi signals but do not send data or jogs, faders, buttons or knobs, nothing does nothing.
    If you load a track and hit the play with the mouse, the music goes by the VCI 400 but nothing works, or volume or anything.
    Please if you can help me, thanks.
    My computer is Intel Core 2 duo, win xp, 2.26 ghz, 4 mb ram,

Quote Originally Posted by itodj View Post
    Hi all,
    just got the VCI 400 and I have a problem, the computer recognizes and installs fine but when I open traktor pro 2 recognizes the VCI 400 midi signals but do not send data or jogs, faders, buttons or knobs, nothing does nothing.
    If you load a track and hit the play with the mouse, the music goes by the VCI 400 but nothing works, or volume or anything.
    Please if you can help me, thanks.
    My computer is Intel Core 2 duo, win xp, 2.26 ghz, 4 mb ram,
    have you loaded a tsi in traktor?

http://help.vestax.co.jp/ja/usr_data...v1.0.1.tsi.zip
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

yes, this also happens to me with virtual dj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    yes, this also happens to me with virtual dj