Read traktor stripe files - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    why not ave a second copy of the song with the 2nd set of cuepoints and such?

seems easier
    Because if i do that, i would soon have my HDD full. (i have a big list of mashups and edits... )

Code:
    TIT2
    Loneliness - Klub Cut
    TCON
    House
    TALB
    Loneliness
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/MediaClassPrimaryID"; Data="16 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/MediaClassSecondaryID"; Data="16 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/WMContentID"; Data="16 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/UniqueFileIdentifier"; Data="4 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/WMCollectionID"; Data="16 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/WMCollectionGroupID"; Data="16 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="WM/Provider"; Data="28 bytes"; 
    PRIV
    Owner="TRAKTOR4"; Data="73611 bytes"; 
    TPE2
    Tomcraft
    TPE1
    DJ Tomcraft
    TRCK
    COMM
    28/Dez/2010 18:26:28 org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.framebody.AbstractID3v2FrameBody read
    INFO: Reading body forPRIV:73620
    28/Dez/2010 18:26:28 org.jaudiotagger.tag.datatype.TextEncodedStringNullTerminated readByteArray
    INFO: Read NullTerminatedString:TRAKTOR4 size inc terminator:9
    Progressive-BP-1104850951
    TDRC
    2002-01-01
    TBPM
    This is what i have, in the first run.

So, like one of you predicted, it's the traktor4 tag. Now, the hard part....how to interpret that tag...

And now im screwd. Thanks native for making this tag have binary content. *irony*
    Last edited by dead_devil_66; 12-28-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Im pretty sure traktor stores the stripes and transients in separate files to the mp3.

here: C:\Users\User\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor\

Theres a stripes and transients folder there with a lot of data in.

When I got a new lappy, none of the cues appeared until I copied over those folders and the collenction.nml.

My guess is the collection file or some invisible ID3 tag has some reference to these folders and each item in said folder is a cue / grid / whatever reference
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by dead_devil_66 View Post
    Because if i do that, i would soon have my HDD full. (i have a big list of mashups and edits... )
    i see i sorta assumed that there were only a few
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Im pretty sure traktor stores the stripes and transients in separate files to the mp3.

here: C:\Users\User\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor\

Theres a stripes and transients folder there with a lot of data in.

When I got a new lappy, none of the cues appeared until I copied over those folders and the collenction.nml.

My guess is the collection file or some invisible ID3 tag has some reference to these folders and each item in said folder is a cue / grid / whatever reference
    Last night, i was testing that theory. Seems that the transients only save the beatgrid and not the cues.

EDIT 1: seems that even the beatgrid is stored in the file! So...what are those transients?
    Last edited by dead_devil_66; 12-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.

ok, now i get how traktor works: if the track is already in the collection, the program loads the cues and loops saved in the nml or collection. If it isn't in the collection, it loads the cues and loops saved in the TRAKTOR4 tag.

so...im can't do shit about this feature....

WAKE UP NATIVE !!!!!! >.<

if any of the users of this forum have any insight on how to interpret the TRAKTOR4 tag...can you help me? :/

Tech Wizard

I went down a similar path to you and eventually gave up. IIRC the data inside the tag looks like a RIFF file with chunck names written backwards. You may be able to get a bit further with that, but I would look at modifying the collection.nml rather than the TRAKTOR4 tag.

There is a problem when editting the collection nml: this file is only load once, when traktor starts. So, if i want to change the cue set during the traktor execution, it's impossible.

My only hope is memory editting (omg here i go )
    Last edited by dead_devil_66; 12-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.

One thing i found out, using memory editor, it's that i can access the nml file structure, in memory but only while there is nothing loaded on the decks. I didn't try to change the values, though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast