Z2 on sale for $599. Interesting... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

But like Deevey said, this is the second time the Z2 has gone on sale, so price drops don't always result in a new release. However, I believe Karlos stated that NI would definitely NOT be releasing new hardware before March, so maybe we could see something when this sale ends. Who knows.

Arrrgh! I just bought one!

My guess is something will be announced when musikmesse is on. It's about a month away.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

.. then better to wait for the time to come nearer as March is not that much away from now

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    My guess is something will be announced when musikmesse is on. It's about a month away.
    +1 definitely

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/traktorpro

Anyone think this could mean a Z4 is in the works? I'd say it's too soon for a Z2 MK2, and even then what could you add to the Z2?
    i hope NI will finally realyze that only mk2 product of a previos product will not get them far in DJ world.

Quote Originally Posted by denisps2 View Post
    i hope NI will finally realyze that only mk2 product of a previos product will not get them far in DJ world.
    Absolutely agree. That's why I'd personally hope they would do something like a Z5: a 4-channel stand-alone mixer with a full controller on board, but no jog wheels. They could sell it for 999 EUR.

Tech Mentor

Whatever NI may or may not have coming, I'm almost 100% certain the price drop for the Z2 has nothing to do with the possible advent of a Z4.

Price drops before the launch of a new product only make sense if the new product is ment to replace the existing product. In this case you better clear the shelves before the launch, because once the new product is out/announced, you're going to have a hard time selling the old one, and probably would have to give even higher discounts to completely clear you stock..

Since a Z4 wouldn't replace a Z2, but rather offer a new 4 channel option along the existing 2 channel Z2 (just like S2 and S4), this probably isn't what's happening here.

So I'd say if this price drop was directly linked to the launch of a new product, it's probably something like a Z2 mkII.

Or maybe NI just felt the need for some promotion, to stay on the radar until they announce something new later this year.

Tech Guru

I was reading komplete 20 might not be far awAy as well

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Price drops before the launch of a new product only make sense if the new product is ment to replace the existing product.
    Or when the newer superior product is so competitively priced that the old model would make zero sense to purchase without a price drop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast