Thoughts on my DJ name please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

+1 I agree, Rook sounds good, I know of a Dj Element already (here in Sacramento CA though)
    Last edited by CaliGrown; 03-08-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: more

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGrown View Post
    +1 I agree, Rook sounds good, I know of a Dj Element already (here in Sacramento CA though)
    Highly doubt he 's gonna get gigs on the other side of the Atlantic so I'm safe. And why the hell do people think I have a cool name that has cool spin offs ? Boggles my mind.
    They may fit a DJ but a producer ? That wants to be taken seriously ?

Go with Jeff Rook and you'll be safe in house, deep house, tech house, techno, progressive, trance. (All the other genres I cannot tell you to be honest, these go into the 'cool' destructive monikers.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Element is also a progressive trance producer/dj

Jeff Rook sounds cool.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Go with Jeff Rook and you'll be safe in house, deep house, tech house, techno, progressive, trance. (All the other genres I cannot tell you to be honest, these go into the 'cool' destructive monikers.)
    I don't want to hate on what you love but another DJ offered me a paid residency BUT I would only be allowed to play those genres so I turned it down. I 'd rather mix the dubstep & dnb in my bed room then play other music for a crowd (did it a couple of times and did not like it)

It's about the passion not money.

I just wanted to say I have no intent playing these other genres of beautiful music that just don't really appeal me.
    So it seems to me that it's best that my name doesn't sound like a trance or house or whatever DJ and most of all like a dnb or dubstep DJ

Because you a lot of times you can tell the genre if you read the name. Noise Controllers and Headhunterz being hardstyle
    and digitalism being electro.

I don't know of anything made sense I'm posting this after eating special cake and I might regret posting it later. Toodles.

Sorry guys, this is in dutch, just to make sure the message isn't misinterpreted.

Ik denk dat je mijn post niet helemaal begreep, Jeff.

Ik raadde Jeff Rook aan indien je die genres zou draaien. In de andere genres zijn de aliassen wat meer destructief, zoals je zelf al aangeeft met aliassen als Headhunterz.

(Small talk about Jeff misunderstanding my post.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

DJ Jeff-Ro

play on your real name...kinda sounds like "Jethro" lol

Tech Mentor

At the end of the day, you could be called DJ Spanner or even DJ Tool Face. Who cares other than you? It's about what you play and how you play that will attract people to you, not your name

Rooks?
    Doesn't sound too housy imo.
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Element is a bit plain, also bad for web use. Look into the origins of the Bloody Beetroot's name.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast