It's here! - Rane MP-2015 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Awesome. Congrats.
    How do the pots feel in comparison to a 2016? Tight on the turn? Do the isolators sport the same resistance or are they a bit looser?
    I know the outputs are supposed to be amazing... But how are the headphone outs (more important to to those of us on the other side of the headphones . ). Loud enough?

Thank you for posting a pic next to something familiar... A Nexus. That has to be the best pic I've seen yet because it shows the correct scale. Love the wood panels, but I'd be more inclined to (ouch) remove them so it fits in a case...protecting it is more important than looks for me
    Keep us up on your thoughts as you dive deeper into it. This is moving further to be my next purchase. I can't wait to get back to using a real mixer again...I miss the layout and flexibility.

Tech Mentor

Imma stick with my lovely 92 rotary. This would fit perfect in my wooded up setup as well. 2015 is an artistic masterpiece.

Thing looks amazing. Wish I could fork out the cash for one.

The cue button placement looks weird to me. How do they feel in practise, do they get in the way when twisting those knobs ?

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRome View Post
    Awesome. Congrats.
    How do the pots feel in comparison to a 2016? Tight on the turn? Do the isolators sport the same resistance or are they a bit looser?
    I know the outputs are supposed to be amazing... But how are the headphone outs (more important to to those of us on the other side of the headphones . ). Loud enough?

Thank you for posting a pic next to something familiar... A Nexus. That has to be the best pic I've seen yet because it shows the correct scale. Love the wood panels, but I'd be more inclined to (ouch) remove them so it fits in a case...protecting it is more important than looks for me
    Keep us up on your thoughts as you dive deeper into it. This is moving further to be my next purchase. I can't wait to get back to using a real mixer again...I miss the layout and flexibility.
    I'd say the pots are looser than the 2016 (when new, they loosen up over time). They are good though, very high quality. I wish the actual knobs themselves weren't hollow. The 2016 is the same knobs, it seems like if they filled them in with something (plastic), it would make the whole thing feel even more solid.

The headphones can go so loud it would blow your head right off.

Just an FYI, but with the wood panels ON, the mixer is the same width as the DJM-900 Nexus, so it'll fit into a standard case as-is.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by oddworld_audio View Post
    The cue button placement looks weird to me. How do they feel in practise, do they get in the way when twisting those knobs ?
    Not in the way at all.

That DJM just looks like a toy next to the 2015!
    Grats on the mixer
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

jeluz....congrats Ryan !

Ps. pics or it didn't happen
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Tech Mentor

Considering there is a lot of mileage on these ears, that sounds loud enough .
    Good to hear about the width... A Rane rep said it was standard 12" mixer without the panels, so I assumed it was a tiny bit too wide for a Nexus or 92 case. Many of my gigs are about putting most of the gear in cases for protection and ease of travel, so good to know it could fit in many of the options out in the market already.

I'm sure someone will come up with heavier knobs...but, I liked the feel of the 2016, so may not be an issue for me.

Good stuff.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Of course, timecode/scratch control is not yet enabled for this mixer just yet, so it's disabled.Attachment 24828
    Call me stupid, but how would this be a scratch mixer. I don't think that is what RANE had in mind when they made this. But nice to know it can be used with Traktor. Thanks for your Review.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast