Ideal DJing laptop? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    http://www.rjtech.com/

ODM barebones that pack a punch. Way better than OEM.
    Can you elaborate? I am in the market for a new lappy.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Can you elaborate? I am in the market for a new lappy.
    No prob, refer to my post on this page to get a better idea of what I speak of, but basically ODM is where OEM's like Dell, HP, and IBM get their products built before they mark up the price for warranty, software installs, OS installs, and other stuff you more than likely don't need, and can do yourself.

Alienwares were once a really solid choice for computing, but they seem to of went slightly downhill once they were acquired by Dell. That's not to say they are shitty computers by any means, they're way better than most on the market. I've always considered them more oriented towards gamers, and plus they run very hot from past experience I've had. Their desktops are pretty nice though.

using my HP ENVY 15, slim, powerful never misses a beat, cost me 2300, but so worth it

core i7 720QM
    6GB DDR3
    320GB SSD (2x160)
    1GB video
    USB 3.0
    HDMI out
    15" 1080P LED screen
    windows 7 pro

yea, i love it

Tech Guru

I don't really take much liking to PC laptops, but the HP Envy nailed the demand for a professional mobile PC solution right on the head.

Tech Student

I was an alineware advocate untill last week! After 3 yrs of flawless service and warranty now void I just lost my video card. I plan to get it fixed then it's going on ebay and I already bought a top spec 15" MacBook Pro. I've yet to see any professional using anything but MacBook Pro's and theres a reason for that that just don't screw up. Not to mention there faster ect. I loved my Alienware when it was working, 4 usb ports, dual 500gb hard drives internal. It was a beast! 17" was probably impractical! Oh well done with the PC BS it's tome to get real! Also I'm spending 1k less and getting a faster system to boot than I origionally spent going Alienware. My Alienware is about 2.5yrs old and cost $2600 the top line 15" macbook pro can be had for $1800. I can't wait! Pluss I'm gonna dress it up like you all have probably never seen before. Oh ya it's gonna be sexy!

you know...apple fanboys are like teh Hitler youth....just saying...;D

Tech Wizard

i got a 13,3" acer timeline (2x1,3GHz, 4GB Ram) to replace my 15,4" asus. will try to run torq soon.

MacBook Pro all of the way! Hell, even the MacBook runs fast.

Wait though. The current ones are beyond the end of their production cycle. New ones should be coming out any day. Whether they're i5 or i7, they are going to be dope. And probably at the same price point.

Yeah, I'm a fanboy but I've owned many machines running Windows and they are what made me a Mac fanboy.

nice machine, but 11"?

Damn apple fan boi's!!!
    Last edited by JesC; 06-14-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i know right, i tried to do it on a 10" eee, yea, glad to have my 15" envy now :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast