Had a bad set - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Had a bad set

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Works the CHARM!
    fuuuuuuuuuuck LOL ^^

i will try this the next time ;D ahahahaha nice!

Tech Mentor

At psytrance parties in clubs...I usually get the "Play some Infected Mushroom!!!"

I just reply: "This IS Infected Mushroom.......the new album...you haven't got it?"

Works the CHARM!
    Unforunately, most people don't know any other psytrane producers...

At psytrance parties in clubs...I usually get the "Play some Infected Mushroom!!!"

I just reply: "This IS Infected Mushroom.......the new album...you haven't got it?"

Works the CHARM!
    haha
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

@ OP ... dont let it get to ya man, shit happens! also, once you pass 30, you dont think with your "other brain" so you dont feel guilty telling the girls to F* off ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Works the CHARM!
    Brilliant

only IM track i would play is "Release Me"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Works the CHARM!
    Awesome!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    She's trying to flirt with you…and it's the only song she knows.

Also…umm…as for the monitors sucking and generally having a bad night…that sucks. I sympathize. Everyone's been there.

As for not knowing your mixer well enough to play in the dark…umm…suck it up and learn. That's really something you should know.
    Thanks man, am I honestly on my own with not being able to play in the dark? There's just to much going on with four decks and things happening constantly for me to know it well enough to play in the dark, I usually always glance at it to double check stuff. I think it was more of a frustration thing and just threw me off mentally, ruined my flow. Also, the thing with the monitors was that they were so different than the floor speakers they were useless for EQing, I would turned the effing things off if I wasn't struggling in the dark haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    @ OP ... dont let it get to ya man, shit happens! also, once you pass 30, you dont think with your "other brain" so you dont feel guilty telling the girls to F* off ;p
    Appreciate it man, and everyone else's input.
    Last edited by DJ SB; 10-27-2011 at 08:03 AM.

2 flash lights,

one in your pocket and one in your bag.

Get a flashlight application on your phone too. At least you can turn it on for 5 to 10 minutes and get a good look at the mixer before you go lights out.

You just got to be a dick to the girls rubbin' there boobies into your back asking you to play shitty music. That's what there looking for anyway haha.

Dont get caught up in mistakes.

Its what makes or breaks a good DJ. Its not the mistakes you gotta worry about its what you do after you make a mistake.

Its different for you when your watching the seconds on the screen/cdj and mucking up compared to a person who's intoxicated and dancing on the floor.

Like others said, your "worst" performances might actually be your best in someone else's opinion
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Guru

A lot of times I hate to wonder if the crowd can tell mistakes as a trained DJ can. For example I have seen many occasions where I have F'd a mix up and I talk to someone and they say "Man that sounded great". I just shake my head and wonder how much other mistakes a common DJ can get away with. But it does drive ya batty, I feel ya.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast