Your opinion: DJM-250 vs Xone:22 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I've got a pioneer djm250 very good mixer, nice sound & filters are really good

Tech Student

Default XONE 3/5 - PIONEER 4/5 - in this category

Quote Originally Posted by simonk View Post
    I've got a pioneer djm250 very good mixer, nice sound & filters are really good
    Hi all of you.

I had TWO Xone 22. TWO! and both of them had very annoying white noise in left headphone (Sennheiser HD 25), other headphones worked better but still there. Unfortunately with low resistance headphones it is constantly there. I tried one mixer, send it back, got second. same. After that I asked for refund. I got Ecler at the end. What a difference with internal sound routing. Basically A&H internal routing is terrible. If you listen on headphones, your volume is wrong outside and vice versa. Not transparent. And there is filter pop as well. No booth out (crucial for me) and no off switch. Not biggest thing but annoying. My points 3 out of 5

I tested Pioneer 250. What a difference. Sound routing is perfect (digital) filters are nice (well nothing beats A&H here in sound quality but functionality is waaay better. AH is awkward to use). Overall very friendly and 10X easier to use mixer. My points 4 out of 5. Not 5 as there are some details (connections) missing. But better mixer IMO.

But...

Sound quality and EQ shape is amazing on A&H. Well sound quality is high but floor noise is high too. Which means it sounds great but when music is off you can hear internal noise there. Best way to test it is to cut sound off form channels and crank volume up. You will hear shhhhhhhhhhhhh at some level. I checked that and basically A&H lies saying about same quality as "big brothers". Big brothers have 92 floor to noise ratio. Which means they are quiet when volume is high. A&H 22 have it at 78 or 70 something which is average in current standards. SO sound is punchy and great but there is constantly something in the background there. Circuits singing basically. That was no no for me. Combined with headphones constant shhhhhhh in left channels I felt cheated. It is NOT same quality as big brothers. It is cheaper. End of fu**ng story. I dare anybody form A&H to prove me wrong. Go ahead. Test me!

Still I love how A&H sounds. EQ.. when you mix is like you understand your music more. You hear more. You see more. FU**ng ground noises! I would love that mixer to be perfect but this level of noise is just not acceptable for me. And yes! I grounded mixer and tried everything. I had other mixer to compare and it was working normally (Denon DMX300).

My final word is this:

If you are a beginner then go with Pioneer. Not even think about A&H. Learn and progress to better mixer. This mixer has brains.

If you mix for some time (vinyl preferably) and want to test new sound dimension and you don't care as much about mixer noise (quiet but there) and you can digest trough annoying gimmicks of A&H (filter pop, different volumes on headphones, awkward filter functionality. Then you may want to try A&H. This mixer has soul.

At the end I forked out more cash and bought Ecler Nuo 4. This is pure sound surgery. Clear and quiet like digital Pioneer with better sound like A&H (but not as full as A&H). I put it one notch below A&H sound. But waaaay better that Pioneer 250 sound (preferably for CD - then is fine). I do not know new Nexus sound so I will not say it's better. I know overall Pioneer mixers were not best in sound category overall. It improved I am sure but I like analog better.

New NI Z2 mixer will stir the market. If I were to buy mixer now that would be my choice.

I hope I helped with this post. I have spend number of hours reading about both of them online (everything probably) and if I knew this before...

Anyway. I suggest Thomann as they offer free return within 30 days and they will pay for sending stuff back. What a shop.

And yes. It's about what you play and what you use. A&H have fantastic long faders so it's nicer for long transitions. Pioneer is straight to the point and get the job done.

Last advice from life experience.

If you play little drunk (and believe me you will be at some stage sooner or later) with A&H you will screw it up for sure. It is just not as intuitive as it should be and it has quirks that are not tolerable when you are flying high (Filter knob and button - you are fu**ked). UNRELIABLE

With Pioneer you can be shit faced and still you'll be OK to have fun. Basically its brain dead simple to use and RELIABLE.

Sorry for long post. Go google picture of potato

Tech Convert

hey, had the same decision to make a while back. we pretty much have the same set up cept I got reloop contours not x1s anyways the Xone22 came up on ebay half price I snaped at it and love it. Its a great mixer everything this guy said above me is ture but I'm not that picky and don't notice the headphone noise when in the middle of a mix. The filter does pop when you turn it on but it don't pop out the master so i really don't care cos it sounds so nice, and the eqs are amazing as well. really happy with the rec & both outputs since I use it for internet streaming, didn't think I would need em but I couldn't live without em now.

Tech Guru

Xone 22 is a great little bedroom mixer. The filters and tight eq's are ace

I vote A&H all day
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

I know this isn't helpful but I'd vote Ecler Nuo 2.0. I really do think it's the best 2 channel mixer in that price range.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I'd have a nuo 2.0 over either of those any day.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

If only the nuo had a high pass filter I would have one in a heart beat

I really hope that Ecler DJ Division one day springs back to life and blesses us with a new line of mixers. Something like the Nuo range but with per channel filters and a USB soundcard setup for DVS use. Maybe even a simple FX unit.

Never gunna happen though ;-;
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Convert

i may swap my DJM250 could do with more channels, its new (2 weeks old) with box manual if anyone's interested swap would have to collect in Cheshire England UK

I'm after one of these if possible all good condition
    Pioneer DJM600
    Vestax PMC 46
    Denon DNX1500S
    Vestax PMC 280

please no stanton gemini kam numark reloop etc etc thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast