traktor vs serato - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

The way I see it, they both serve the exact same purpose. Playing music digitally, it's how each person goes about accomplishing that where it gets different. Serato I would recommend if you are really about vinyl mixing. Traktor if you are into midi control and more complicated mixes, not to say that simple mixes or vinyl mixing can't also be done with Traktor. I'd say the biggest win for Traktor is Djtechtools and VCI-100. With such great support from this site Traktor has a huge advantage in midi control and stepping up the game with midi.

If he's using control cds and a mixer, i would think maybe it's much a muchness.

The fact he is not a vinyl head I would maybe say to go with traktor. I had serato and i think it is wicked but if you're not into vinyl and you're not purest then i think the effects on traktor pro just give it the edge.

I hear about serato being club standard though maybe...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I really don't think it's the standard.. It's like saying the PS3 is the standard and xbox360 ain't... serato is just famous because it's more known.. traktor is known but it doesn't get the credit it deserves... and we can go on and on about it.. falls down to what u like.. both apps are great... as well as others... each unique on its own..

whatever is the best choice for u go for it..... don't go by the name... there's no such thing as a standard.. in dijing.. that's my opinion.... it's only a tool...
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Mac.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Traktor is far more popular in the UK than in the US.
    Whilst i know people say Serato is the market leader even in the UK i actually know 2 Serato DJs but i know over 15 Traktor DJs just in my home town which is pretty small.

And yes i like Serato, its a good system. I just chose a different path.

Tech Mentor

Both are great systems they are both changing the game in dif avenues

Give me Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    I hear about serato being club standard though maybe...
    Believe me its the norm here in he states. Why? plug and play

Quote Originally Posted by SS714SS View Post
    ... there's no such thing as a standard.. in dijing.. that's my opinion.... it's only a tool...
    Club standard from what I have seen. 2x 1200's + 2x CDJ-1000 + DJM800 or 3000 + Serato Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Mac.
    Thats why she said!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    ... I just chose a different path.
    Acutally Carlos you took the Redpill, like most of us here.

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Give me Vinyl
    Give Me Vinyl or Give me Death!

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Haven't seen any Serato 'installations' here in the UK, so the cable setup nightmare is equal between the two. Because I'm equally using a VCI-100 as well as scratch vinyl when I play out, I'm pretty happy I went with Traktor, especially as it is rock solid for me.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

That's why all clubs should have a Magma Switchbox installed!!

One of the main reasons I don't use TRK Scratch Pro regularly is exactly this... You need to be the first one in and the last one out ...

Z

Tech Wizard

The one bad thing about traktor is the fact that buying a laptop for it is such a gamble as many high spec laptops still get pops/clicks. Its great how serato is such a light app.

Im in the process of buying a laptop for traktor but am first seeing if it can be made into a Hackintosh as windows aint that hot for streaming audio.

macs are too expensive just for the sake of djing in my opinion unless your a big name.

I also agree that Traktor dominates the market in the UK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast