Cheap CDJ's with a USB option - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

you could maybe score some used 400s, not sure about the ethernet thing tho

Ya Those looks pretty good, I was actually checking those out a few weeks back. Really like the black and red aesthetics too. For the price these would be really good... Seeing them for about $250 used, and if I take something into guitar center, and sell it, I can put even more money towards these CDJ's. A buddy of mine has some Stanton turntables, and uses timecode to mix, and they seem a pretty good brand. So for about $400-$500 these seem like a decent deal. All I do atm, is 2 channel mix, but if I do eventually 4 channel mix, it's not like I am blowing my wallet on CDJ 900's or something. I might have to get an accountant job, like my other buddy, he has 4x CDJ 900's, and a DJM-800 .

I'll look around for a mixer now, but I think I'll get these CMP800's, cause I am already saving around that much anyways.

Have you guys ever looked at? or had experience, with the Behringer Mixers?, preferably, the DJX750?, I saw one a while back for $40-$60 on Craigslist used, and I thought about picking it up. Behringer seems like a pretty okay brand. I use MS20's to mix on for producing, and everything sounds good. I do like the way the DDM 4000 looks. Call me crazy, but I guess, even though I am an audiophile, I like having my gear look good, even though, no one is going to care, when I am at shows ^^

If I am shelling out around $500 on CDJ's, I am pretty sure I am can get a nice Mixer/Audio interface for around $300-$500 tops also.

Thanks again guys! you guys are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    you could maybe score some used 400s, not sure about the ethernet thing tho
    I only cared about the Ethernet thing, if per se, I forgot one of my USB sticks at home, or lost it, and I only had one at a show, I could link the first CDJ, to the second one, and just use one USB stick, for both CDJ's.

Pioneer CDJ 400's, seem to be about the same price as the Stantons used. I guess it comes down to whats features each one has/lacks, or what I am looking for in them. I'll have to compare features, but as long as it has a Jog wheel, USB, Cue, Play, and a Tempo fader, I am not that picky, on what else it has. Just the typical CDJ setup.
    Last edited by SMOR3S; 07-21-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Tech Guru

You shouldn't need an interface if you have CDJs surely? A quick search on this forum should tell you everything you need to know about the DJX mixers.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You shouldn't need an interface if you have CDJs surely? A quick search on this forum should tell you everything you need to know about the DJX mixers.
    Ah yes, my bad, I totally forgot, CDJ's are soundcards in them selves. And if I wanted to, I could still use Traktor to DJ with the CDJ's...

Thanks bro! I'll do a quick search ^^

Tech Guru

tl;dr: Don't buy DJX mixers :P

What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    tl;dr: Don't buy DJX mixers :P

What's your budget?
    If I am going to shell out $500 on those CDJ's, then I want something that is going to stand up to the quality of how much I am paying, so I guess around $300-$500 as well...

Tech Guru

You can pick up a Denon X1500 which is a nice little mixer. Effects aren't too shabby. Behringer DDM4000 is another nice budget mixer to consider as well, but IMO, more suited towards external mixing in Traktor as it's midi mappable.

If you push your budget a little bit, you can buy the Denon X1600 for around 600-700.

You can pick up a Denon X1500 which is a nice little mixer. Effects aren't too shabby. Behringer DDM4000 is another nice budget mixer to consider as well, but IMO, more suited towards external mixing in Traktor as it's midi mappable.

If you push your budget a little bit, you can buy the Denon X1600 for around 600-700.
    How much usually are the X1500's - X1600's used?

Tech Guru

X1500 range from like 300-500 depending on condition and then X1600 500-750 depending on quality.

X1500 range from like 300-500 depending on condition and then X1600 500-750 depending on quality.
    Ya that should work... a nice little 2 channel setup with 2x CMP 800's, and a X1500 would be nice... Beats the current controller I have at the moment. All I need to do now, is get a flight case, and I am set ^^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast