Help choose a good mic for use in the DJ booth? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you have time beforehand, you can get a wide band eq for the mic and cut out the frequencies that are causing the feedback. You could also try adding one of those foam wind covers.

I got a Behringer Ultra voice xm8500 for $25 and I love it. The sound quality is great. It doesn't make you wonder "does my voice really sound like that?" but more like a louder version of your voice. I do notice some feedback in small rooms, but its not terrible. I usually just turn it down when I'm not using it. It's been knocked off tables onto concrete floors on several occasions and still looks and performs like new. If you look up the reviews some say they like it better than the Shures.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

SM57 or SM58!

A friend of mine came over and recorded a few songs with the Behringer mic in my basement. If you follow the link to my soundcloud page there are two songs labeled (Cole Sauerhage Cover) and you can get an idea of how it sounds.

Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Feedback suppression is also something that with working with your sound guy, you can do a lot of work on that end as well if they are running things correctly.

Personally I invested into the $12 monoprice.com microphone, and for $12? it works perfectly for what I want to do with it, which is just talking to the crowd once and awhile and announcing DJ's coming up or exiting on the microphone during events, not for anything more than that. At some point the Shure SM58 is on my to-get list, but right now priorities being what they are, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and I couldn't say no to a chance on a microphone for $12 when I was ordering some cables.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

for mc'ing the Audio technica model has never failed me once!!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Audio-Te...05-i1371908.gc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12