The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 214
Page 214 of 223 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2221
    Tech Wizard

Recent Upbeats EP (Alone) is really hard. Especially the Fourward Remix. Damn! They are pushing out a lot of quality tunes. Noisia's vision label has a lot of nice releases on their list.

Also really enjoying the Billain single (Blockfield / Boogie). Especially Boogie.

Been trying to put my time into producing again, but I'm still having a really really hard time finding my own sound. Or at least something I'm quite happy about. But I'll get there!

Sooo... What do you guys think about UKF Drum & Bass?

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvee View Post
    Sooo... What do you guys think about UKF Drum & Bass?
    Honestly, I find most (probably like >90%) of what they post to be soul-less or just 'commercial' (if such a term can be applied to Drum & Bass)... Anyways, my impression of it is that almost none, if any, of the tunes they post are for the true heads.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

UKF as a whole is a waste.

Tech Wizard

UKF is a great place for people who listen to the more commercial side of DnB. It's easy accessible and mainstream. Every 2 or so uploads I see a decent tune (like recently Break's Love So True VIP), yet it gets the wrong reception. The comments on UKF are just sad. I don't know why I keep doing it, but it's insta-rage when I do so. It's pretty much the TOP40 of DnB.
    And I'm not hating, they (well, he, I guess) uploads some really good tunes aswell, but that's mostly when most DJ's already picked up the tune.

For me there's better channels out there, but it's ok for most people it seems.

Tech Mentor

I don't even know what UKF is.

Picked up this week:
    Fracture - Gangbusters/Better Than Tomorrow - Headz
    Prolix/DLR/Silent Witness - Originate/Silence - Trendkill
    Andy Pain and Z Connection - Planet EP - Broken Audio
    Phil Tangent - More Than You'll Ever Know/Contrition - Commercial Suicide
    Hybris - Gravitation EP - Dispatch
    Queensway - Run/Healing - BluMarten

wow this thread is BIG. new to these forum and there so much to read through. DnB was the first step i ever took into the world of EDM and what made me want to try my hand at DJing.

well in the sprite of laziness the way i put together the tunes i get ,outside of people i know and free downloads when i can scrounge them from a producer. is to just listen to live streaming internet radio like bassdrive.com and get in there irc chat and talk to there djs. it lets me request live track ids and listen to how well the tunes mix as well as getting me exposed to tunes i would otherwise have never got a chance to hear.

anyone out there have a comparable list of DnB internet radio station other than bassdrive im always looking to broaden my horizons and get new tunes. also if anyone has links to anything free...

thanks

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Well this is disgusting...

Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

firstly, i have to agree with the general concencus of UKF. Its got potential and I've found some cracking tunes on there but the majority of the audience thinks drum & bass is fast dubstep and have little idea of the culture or history embedded deep in dnb.
    They usually come off as obnoxious, rude and ignorant. Not really the kinda people im into.

On another note, do you think the mainstream peak of dnb we heard last year with DJFresh, etc has come / is coming to an end?
    Locally the wheat seems to be separating from the chaff quite quickly as new genres emerge and Techno takes all the scene kids.
    Weve had quite a lot of dnb nights start up in the past year and many of them are fading fast as the cash flow dries up.
    My own night has never once strayed into the mainstream, were always in it for the headz, regardless of turnout, and seems to be keeping a strong fan base. I'm hoping it stays that way.

And another thing, heh. I've been doing a fair bit of production of late, exclusively deep/liquid/tech dnb. I figure you guys on this thread are the most likely to enjoy it:

Any comments or critique are much obliged.
    Nice one.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Wizard

I don't know how the commercial side of DnB is faring in the capital of DnB, but here in Belgium it's going on steadily. Literally dozens of raves every weekend with about every DJ not playing in Fabric, etc being booked here. Basically everyone who listened to commercial dubstep went DnB or Trap. And seeing how Trap is only rising slowly here, most of them are DnB minded.

Talking about Fresh, how the hell did Gold Dust suddenly become a TOP40 tune when it was released about 3 years ago. Has his mind been that corrupted by money? I can't even imagine him being the same guy that once rocked Bad Company...

I try not to let the commercial side get to me that much. It's just really annoying that when people see my DJ kit and ask me what I spin, and respond with DnB, that they're way confused that I've nothing of Dj Fresh, Rudimental or even our own flagship Netsky. I think it's one of the most wrongly understood genres of the moment.

Imma give your song a play & let you know what I think.