Your opinion: DJM-250 vs Xone:22 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Read this thread with great interest and loved people's various comments. I'm currently looking for a standalone mixer with pref a send/return and tbh hadn't considered the Ecler range - been reading about them all day and never knew even the 2 channel NUO 2.0 had a send return and pre/post fader possibilities.

Am likely still to go for a DJM 700 just as they have one at work, but will def keep my eye on Eclan and the A&H mixers. The main drawback for me is no filters on the Ecler's but seeing as I have my Pio RMX 1000 that may well be a lot of FX I can still play with.

Incidentally, if you're in the UK there's been two very tempting price drops recently on the DJM 250 and you can get them for £179 from Dawsons
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Hey, nice price. Looks like they might be sold out though.

btw, with the Nuos, sometimes you see them on gumtree and ebay for next to nothing. Worth keeping an eye out for them.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

aww thats a shame (hadn't noticed the stock availability) :/ I was in just last weekend when the price dropped and was hugely tempted (as at the mo all I have is an old 16 channel cheap n chearful Behringer stage mixer) but S/R is what I really am needing so held off.

Aww well, be interested to see if they've a new entry level mixer in the works.

Cheers also for the gumtree suggestion. Never tried one before but from people's comments here and elsewhere they sound a very well made mixer, and I especially liked how you can post fader the fx.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

well, on Sunday I managed to win a Nuo 5 on ebay.

Rather love it (being able to have post fader send/returns with my RMX 1000 is every bit as fun and creative as was hoping for).

It's got an Eternal crossfader too which is very fast

The build in FX are much more on the subtle side (and the filters are very understated - am not so subtle so guess will prob just keep with my rmx for FX)

The EQ is just like I'd read on other forums - mid has the most frequencies, and the highs set very high and the lows much lower than most. Tbh think this will take a while to learn to get the best from it - but I don't mind it and the bass kill switch is great to have.

Maybe I could/should have just got a new Nuo given I prob won't use the built in FX too much but all in all this is an unexpected direction in mixers for me (was sure was gonna go for a Pioneer) but loving having a piece of equipment as good as this

The Nuo 5 is really cool. I wish Ecler would come back from the dead and release a new version of it, I'd be all over that.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.M.I.T. View Post
    Couldn't you also leave the filter on and just turn the knob when you want to, which would aboid the pop ?
    didn't look like anyone answered this, you can leave the filter on to avoid the pop but because of the way you control the pass of both on the same knob in opposing directions switching between them while on will inevitably lead to you suddently being at max either way - hardly smooth. If you are particularly fond of one or the other you could JUST use that one....

the pop sucks but the sheer lush that is the VCF filter makes up for it.

I always wanted to try an Ecler because of their reputation
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123