What are you biggest frustrations? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deflits980 View Post
    I love to collect stuff!

but I tend to collect to much music to fast! Which leads to me being unable to remember/choose songs and thus frustration
    Haha I think most DJ's could be considered collectors/horders.

My frustration lies in quality of software and hardware. I've had weird issues with Traktor not remembering my playlists after re-importing my library, or suddenly it asks for my serial again, in the middle of a gig..
    My kontrol f1 had a pad that I had to beat with a stick before it would register a touch. (replaced under warranty but still..)
    My Z2 had a loose power socket, paint totally faded, knobs are not consistent, some are harder to turn than others, some have 'crispier' stop locks. (replaced it under warranty too)

I find it hard these days to purchase something that's just perfect right out of the box.

Even my iPhone 5S has an issue where if you press your finger on the screen and let go, the phone squeeks.
    My retina macbook pro suffers from MAJOR flaws in design and durability. The screen is SO FUCKING FRAGILE. The case creaks and cracks like an old boat.

I want my stuff to last and be as good as advertised.

Tech Mentor

I'm always frustrated when my mapping does not reflect the piece of hardware's factory label.
    I.e my sync buttons on my z2 are used for play/pause but it clearly says SYNC. I want to change it to play/pause!!!

It's annoying.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Quote Originally Posted by mrdorianjames View Post
    I'm always frustrated when my mapping does not reflect the piece of hardware's factory label.
    I.e my sync buttons on my z2 are used for play/pause but it clearly says SYNC. I want to change it to play/pause!!!

It's annoying.
    If you still have the glossy front plate, you can scratch it of with your fingernail

Tech Mentor

Some company makes skins for it but is not worth the $60 they cost
    Techno/Experimental

my biggest frustration is that I do not have friends to mix with(like JZed, but more socially awkward) and my song choices. (almost a year in this and still consider myself a newbie)
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Mentor

I've been doing it ten years and still feel like a newbie. I'm especially a newb when it comes to DVS and traktor. Not terribly difficult but awkward coming from vinyl. Oddly, people tended to look unamused when I bring vinyl. As if they don't want to take the time to bust out the decks from underneath their dust covers in fear of releasing some dark spirit from the past.
    Techno/Experimental

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    I think it's possible to get gigs without being a producer. Local college bars and clubs all can't afford to book superstar producer DJ's, so there's always room for people starting out. I think a big challenge is getting consistent gigs.
    My solution? Got a residency at a college. ;D
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

The random question when responding to threads.

They should switch it up so I don't get bored with the same 2.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by koenraadvds View Post
    My frustration lies in quality of software and hardware. I've had weird issues with Traktor not remembering my playlists after re-importing my library, or suddenly it asks for my serial again, in the middle of a gig..
    My kontrol f1 had a pad that I had to beat with a stick before it would register a touch. (replaced under warranty but still..)
    My Z2 had a loose power socket, paint totally faded, knobs are not consistent, some are harder to turn than others, some have 'crispier' stop locks. (replaced it under warranty too)

I find it hard these days to purchase something that's just perfect right out of the box.

Even my iPhone 5S has an issue where if you press your finger on the screen and let go, the phone squeeks.
    My retina macbook pro suffers from MAJOR flaws in design and durability. The screen is SO FUCKING FRAGILE. The case creaks and cracks like an old boat.

I want my stuff to last and be as good as advertised.
    I found NI's stuff is all really fragile. I had an S4 for 2 years and after 6 months the knobs were loose and after a year the the left sid eplay button was starting to fade... A year later the other side was doing the same, as well as the browse button. I don't think quality is their thing, however I still love their software.
    Overall though, technology is very fragile these days (much like our society, but that's another topic) and though we get so much more with our tools, we have to be so much more careful. I remember my Nokia whatever the hell in the early 2000s could take a beating, my HTC-One now is so fragile it's ridiculous.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast