DJ Mix Review Community - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post

but on the blog issue, it can't hurt to send them. worst case someone else has heard your work and may remember it when the time is right? not too shabby :P and best case your work gets put out there to thousands of people. do work son
    word. as long as your sending your best material possible, it's good to capitalize on whatever means of getting your name out there. The beautiful thing about the internet is that all these amazing advertising options don't cost a dime, just a bit of elbow grease.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    Yes it's very long and very jargon orientated and as I work in finance it's normally something to avoid

but if someone on here says it's cool then I might just chuck a couple of new mixes up when I have time.

another thing about mixupload you should be aware of is it's a major pain the ass to upload mixes. it's the only reason I don't post my sets there anymore.
    You'll see what I mean if you sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    Exactly, if you are not a famous dj you always need to give something back to your isteners. I listen to a lot of other people´s mixes and tracks, in return I always get feedback.

There are also lots of groups in soundcloud, I am suscribed to several (near 100) and post my tracks in every one realated to the music genre. So I get replies pretty quick. And if you really need more stats you may purchase the pro account which will enable all the stats from the site.
    Great points guys.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Yeah I give feedback very often (not on here yet),
    I just assume those who I give feed back to aren't into the type of music my mixes consist of or they don't have the time.

So when I see the hits on soundcloud I assume those are the people who liked the tracklist a simple click thumb up or down or grade option would be more appealing or receive more action than a written comment -which rarely occurs

Or it could be that the people have to sign in to comment which is fine
    I guess I just have to spread the mixes around and get more involved in groups and see what happens

and i'll start checking out the mixes on here for sure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123