Come on DJs! Time to Unite! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    I can understand some people wanting to keep it as such, especially those with strong religious views as it holds a very strong cultural meaning to them.
    What, exactly, is preventing those people from keeping their marriages as such no matter what else anyone is doing? These people aren't currently affected by laws relating to marriage; they want laws enacted that will affect other people, essentially litigating their moral views. They haven't addressed the fact that if their argument that a proper family requires a mother and a father is true, then single parents and divorcees are outside their legal and moral definition as well. And the reason they haven't addressed it is because they aren't really going after single parents or divorcees, or even strict defintions of marriage. They're going after gays. They don't even have the spine to be honest about their target, much less in their tactics.

Crap, I swore I wouldn't way in on this ridiculously O.T. thread.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

i too am happy that Obama is in. however i wonder what difference he will be able to make. im still not entirely sure how being president works ( maybe someone can enlighten me), but i thought it worked something like, the president gets given a bunch of choices and has to make a decision on which one is best. as far as i know the choices are presented by someoe else.if all the choices presented are shit, then the presdawg has no choice but to make a shit choice, wether it be the best shit choice or not.,..
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

Its America and the structure (ie the Senate) is basically a Millionaires club thus it will still be a government driven by money and corporate ideals... tho Barry Obama is definately a milliontimes better then McBush.

Finally, the "Finish my daddies war"- reign is over!

But I do agree with midian.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

After thinking about it some more and researching a little deeper in to exactly what section 8 entails I think that really the only way fair way to do it is remove the term 'marriage' from the law, thus legally gay or straight its a civil union or whatever the term you use in California is.

People are going to descriminate based on culture and tradition, its bullshit, but it cant easily be stopped.

However the law should make no discrimination, and while civil union gives couples the same legal implications as marriage having one term specifically reserved for one group of people in the law is total bullshit.

Given the current composition of governments in much of the western world I dont see this changing very quickly

Cheers for making me think about it further SteveB!

I think your idea is great. The government's involvement should start & stop at "You two wanna get married? Okay."

Though I suppose an argument can be made that it should be "You [insert number] want to get married? Okay."
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Guru

I totally agree with MF, 'Marriage' should be taken out of law and leave it up to people if they want to have one and have it registered with their church that they are married. A complete separation of church and state...

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    I totally agree with MF, 'Marriage' should be taken out of law and leave it up to people if they want to have one and have it registered with their church that they are married. A complete separation of church and state...
    There is supposed to be a serparation between church and state in the US but it certainly doesnt work out like that.

True that!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234