Native instruments pissed me off! Goodbye - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

woot woot your secret decoder ring is on the way !
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    woot woot your secret decoder ring is on the way !
    uhuhuhuhuhuh

You said 'ring'
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    I rarely play out, the odd party here and there or local pub, so why should I pay for professional software/hardware?

BFLY
    Stealing software is about as smart as calling people names on internet forums.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

There are some idiots here - Banned!!!!!!

I earn good Money, however Im not going to spend a load to pay for software (Traktor Scratch) which is probably 95% the same as the one I already own (Pro) or a soundcard that is probably only as good or maybe marginally better than one I already own. Yes I could sell them but wouldnt get close to there true value second hand.

As for Traktor, yes Its a great piece of software but it is overpriced imo. If your getting ripped off your getting ripped of end of. I dont work hard to spend my money getting ripped of.

Fact: I have emailed NI 4 times over various points to only receive a response once. Thats Shit. They should spend less money on making nice promotional videos and more on people manning the desks.

It also seems to me that there are people on here who are Traktor Snobs.

I rarely play out, the odd party here and there or local pub, so why should I pay for professional software/hardware?

BFLY
    It's obviously not the same as you already own, otherwise you wouldn't need to do the up/cross-grade.

And why should you pay for it? Dude…it's freaking cheap. If you don't want/need pro, then you can get TSDuo for under $350. And there's a fairly cheap software upgrade to TSPro if you can't live without some of the features.

Besides…have you ever tried the alternatives? Mixxx and xwax are toys. I'm all for FOSS software in a lot of regards…most of the time. When it comes to audio stuff, it's still a craft dominated by people who at least manage to scrape together budgets.

And you think that $350 or even the full on TS Pro price of $600 is expensive? How much did you pay for your turntables? Or your mixer? How much do you spend on vinyl? I used to spend $600 every few months when I was on vinyl. I was happy to pay around $500 for SSL the first time I bought it, and the $700 or so I've given NI for controllers and TP2 is well worth it…compared to Vinyl, ROI is in like 4 months even if you're buying WAV files that most people don't shell out for.

Also, just to clarify:

I earn good Money….why should I pay for professional software/hardware?
    Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post

I apologize for my lack of civility, but the statement was meant to further express what bobbylight was commenting on, not to insult the OP. It was clarification on an idea, not calling him a name. Unfortunately, that wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Is that a real question..? Dumbest thing ive heard in ages.

Dont use pro gear then if your not prepared to pay for it.
    Use something cheap or free. You should be doing so, if you are to follow your own assumption that your not pro.

Whatever cause you had with your first post (and you might see that i previously defended it by agreeing about the crossgrade) has just been blown apart by the above quote.
    Sorry I didnt make myself clear in that post. The softwares great and just what im after, but I dont need that level of soundcard for what I use it for. Imagine a really good guitar player, just plays at home for enjoyment. He'd want a really good guitar to play the music on but whats the point in him buying a huge amp when he can get a good one for at home for much less?
    I know its called Tractor PRO, but Id guess that the majority of users are like me, bedroom djs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Jesus it's not that expensive..

Get a job
    You dont know me. I have got a job.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    I instantly thought: "another person bitching about NI's lack of customer service."

And you get what you pay for, seriously. I worked all last summer so I would have enough to buy a VCI-100SE, Traktor Pro, and an Audio 2. I didn't complain about the price since I knew it would be worth it and it is something I wanted for the longest time. Sure I could've complained and bought something cheaper but it was worth the money and I get the satisfaction of owning my gear!
    So its common for NI to have people bitching about there lack of customer service? Then if it is why give them more money?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    I just read the op as one of those posts by people who come on here and complain that they don't like Traktor, they don't like digital dj'ing, etc just to get a rise out of people. Maybe I misinterpreted.
    You did misinterpret. Although I havnt posted much on the site, Ive been a long time admirer of both this site and Traktor as a software itself. Look at my other posts, none of them have been negative towards digital djing, djtt or traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I never steel software, I was saying that I have no need to pay for professional soundcards

So its common for NI to have people bitching about there lack of customer service? Then if it is why give them more money?
    They make Traktor. Traktor is good. Customer service is average.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES