What % of Ableton DJ's mime? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Ableton DJ's have planned their set to last second, they fiddle with effects, delays, filters on the go that way to communicate with the crowd, that would be my best bet, I got a mate that is always using Ableton for Live Performances along with Allen Heath Xone:db4, and man he can rock the crowd! At the end of the day, its about delivery to the crowd, if they love it, so its a win no matter what you use ableton, traktor, vinyls, cdjs, controllers, serato or your ass to dj with. Just my views, loads could argue

This opinion that Ableton DJ's have "planned" their set is completely wrong.

It can be done - but then it can also be done in Traktor, Serato, Mixvibes, VDJ, etc... They're called PLAYLISTS.

You CAN select and load tracks in Ableton on the fly - I have Ableton Templates (that I used to sell) that allows you to do this mouselessly.

Mouslessly. That's a lovely word.

The whole point of the Session View in Ableton is that you can IMPROVISE. Drag and drop a drumloop, or synth line over the top of a playing track and instantly remix it.

The truth of the matter is - Ableton is by far and away, they BEST software for Live performance. BUT - it's also the one with the steepest learning curve. FX Chains, Dummy Clips, Macros, etc, allow so much flexibility in Ableton performances that it would make your average Traktor DJ's head spin!

A Traktor/VDJ/Serato DJ that hates on an Ableton DJ sounds like the basic n00b that they probably are!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

djoh,

You clearly have an overbiased view, based on nothing. The pile of nonsense you're spitting out, is just laughable.
    I've DJ'ed with Ableton Live in the past, and rest assured: there's nothing preplanned about it.
    Tell Surgeon (aka Anthony Childs, aka one of the godfathers of UK techno - but you probably don't know him) your opinion and he will laugh at your face. Many people agree, BTW.

From Wikipedia (!):
    Surgeon is the pseudonym of Anthony Child (born 1 May 1971), an English electronic musician and DJ. Child releases music on his own labels Counterbalance and Dynamic Tension. Established imprints, such as Tresor, Soma, and Harthouse, have also released Surgeon's original material and remixes. He has also been recognized as one of the first wave of DJs to use Ableton Live and Final Scratch to supplement his DJ sets.
    A really good example:

So after watching the video, do you still agree that everything must be pre planned?
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456