What will 2017 bring? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I must admit, the new Denon player has got my interest piqued a tad, particularly with the dual-deck option eliminating the need for 4 standalone decks. The mixer doesn't seem too bad as well, and the use of white LEDs instead of yellow/green ones for warning before redlining is a tick for me, being red/green colourblind, as this is one thing about the Pioneer mixers that I really hate from an accessibility point of view.

Pair two of the players with the mixer and I could easily go with a Denon setup for when I don't want to use Traktor. If anything, I think Pioneer might have had a collective heart attack when they found out about the players in particular.

Tech Convert

I hope it gave them a heart attack, because good competition can only stir more innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    I must admit, the new Denon player has got my interest piqued a tad, particularly with the dual-deck option eliminating the need for 4 standalone decks. The mixer doesn't seem too bad as well, and the use of white LEDs instead of yellow/green ones for warning before redlining is a tick for me, being red/green colourblind, as this is one thing about the Pioneer mixers that I really hate from an accessibility point of view.

Pair two of the players with the mixer and I could easily go with a Denon setup for when I don't want to use Traktor. If anything, I think Pioneer might have had a collective heart attack when they found out about the players in particular.

I also hope Native Instruments get a wake up call too.
    Denon X1800, Reloop RMX 90 DVS and Mixars quattro are all great new 4 channel mixers and are all Serato DVS enabled, when will NI Traktor get more Scratch Certified 4 channel mixers????????
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

http://www.sounditoutrecords.co.uk
    https://soundcloud.com/theworkhouse-sessions

Tech Convert

totally hear that, but after buying a denon x1600 and now running into an issue where my x1600 wont work with Mac OS Sierra, but Traktor 2.11 wont work with my installed Mac OS Mountain Lion, I'm ready to get a seperate soundcard and dedicated analogue mixer like an Allen and Heath for my next set up. ie - audio card + DJ mixer isn't that great of an idea given system and software issues. Who wants to spend a bunch of money on hardware only to have it become a relic when the op system gets upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by nobbycossie View Post
    I also hope Native Instruments get a wake up call too.
    Denon X1800, Reloop RMX 90 DVS and Mixars quattro are all great new 4 channel mixers and are all Serato DVS enabled, when will NI Traktor get more Scratch Certified 4 channel mixers????????

Quote Originally Posted by djmadwax View Post
    totally hear that, but after buying a denon x1600 and now running into an issue where my x1600 wont work with Mac OS Sierra, but Traktor 2.11 wont work with my installed Mac OS Mountain Lion, I'm ready to get a seperate soundcard and dedicated analogue mixer like an Allen and Heath for my next set up. ie - audio card + DJ mixer isn't that great of an idea given system and software issues. Who wants to spend a bunch of money on hardware only to have it become a relic when the op system gets upgraded
    X1600 was released in 2010 and had regular updates before it was discontinued. Even new FX was added via firmware. And it's interface is midi compliant so it can work on ios and should not need drivers for mac os
    So, to be fair, your problem is not so much with Denon hardware but with Apple.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    X1600 was released in 2010 and had regular updates before it was discontinued. Even new FX was added via firmware. And it's interface is midi compliant so it can work on ios and should not need drivers for mac os
    So, to be fair, your problem is not so much with Denon hardware but with Apple.
    Beat me to it. I had to rollback my VM after updating to Sierra due to Sierra having a limit on the amount of USB devices connected to one USB port.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567