Any DJTT S4's already arrive? - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    I've studied marketing a little bit,
    Really, dude i wouldnt have guessed so cus your post is full of gaping holes.

and what you're seeing here is a backlash to the enormous hype NI generated over this product. Hype is a risky way to market products, it creates fanboys and haters. (Look at Apple) If you keep trying to do the hype thing (Iphone 4) people actually resent it a little. Look how the antenna issue completely blew up in Apple and AT&T's face, when it only affected a small percentage of people. Bottom line, products never live up to the hype, which really upsets people that bought into it.
    What Backlash... Some people dont like the S4 but that doesnt mean theres a backlash. It hasnt been around long enough for a backlash. Can there be a backlash against a product.

Some people cannot get over the fact that S4 isnt for them. If you dont like it dont buy and dont buy into the hype.

Some people love it and loved the hype. It was exciting.
    NI barely hyped it at all in reality. The people interested in S4 did it. NI just dropped a video and stood well back whilst everyone blew up. How do you miss that ? I though you studied marketing.

On a more personal note, when the marketing campaign for the S4 kicked off with the "leaked video" (that was probably shot by a professional team), I just thought to myself "I'm not gonna buy whatever that is." Why? The hype. Any company that markets with viral videos and leaked specs doesn't get my money. I want things set in concrete, release dates, feature lists, etc. This wink-wink "It's awesome, but I can't tell you about it" is complete bullshit. My next controller is gonna be Denon.
    Wrong again. The video was NOT leaked. It was shot professionally which is clear, you dont need to have studied film or 'marketing' to see that it was purpose filmed. And it first appeared on the NI YouTube channel with a name something like "First Look At Something New"... No leak, nothing other than a video.

Also i dont know who or what your referring to by "wink wink etc" but no-one came on here to hype things up. I personally kept my mouth shut until the video was uploaded. Then all i said what i was allowed to which wasnt much.

Then people asked about things i could talk about like how the Jogs were awesome. People asked so i answered.

Are you really the kind of person that chooses not to buy something on the way its promoted. If you a marketing genius you should know how things work and buy into it as much or as little as you want but judge the product on its strength and ability to do what it should.

Why the hype??? Why the fuck not. Its worth hyping.

The masses hyped the S4 not NI and if you cant see that then i guess your marketing course didnt go to well.

Jus sayin, an putting the record straight ok

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Wrong again. The video was NOT leaked. It was shot professionally which is clear, you dont need to have studied film or 'marketing' to see that it was purpose filmed. And it first appeared on the NI YouTube channel with a name something like "First Look At Something New"... No leak, nothing other than a video.
    I have to disagree with this.

I believe this video was meant to be viral. Especially since NI put it on their YouTube channel. I highly doubt it was uploaded casually or in passing, but rather methodically. The fact that NI was in the midst of launching a new product that is featured in the video is IMO sound proof.

Obviously the video wasn't leaked, but it was meant to spread like wildfire. You take one of the most popular brands of software and DVS + one of the biggest DJs in the world who also happens to be one of the biggest champions and proponents of Traktor + sneak peak a shiny toy aka new piece of hardware that also happens to be proforming in one of the most reputable venues in the world = isnant viral video.

Anyone else agree or dissagree?

-PL>Y

BTW, Karlos, I hope you're not hating my existence at this point, as we seem to be dissagreeing with everything. This thread has been getting some very interesting discussion

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

@Pressplay

I dont think Karlos was saying that the video was not intended to be viral ... just that it was not a "leaked" video, nor was it promoted in that light.

Tech Mentor

Well all I'm saying is Native Instruments probably intended to create hype. And why the hell not? They did a pretty good job of it. I'm not a marketing expert, and I did study marketing in school during undergrad, but you don't need to be an expert to know this is very good marketing.

Kudos to NI for driving so much hype, and creating worldwide buzz and sales. I am personally very excited to get my S4 *hopefully* tomorrow. I very much hope it lives up to the hype. I obviously am very excited to use it and see how it can improve my workflow and open up my creative possibilities on top of the skillset I already have. But I think what that other guy was saying is that for them to foster trust with their customers after creating so much hype is quite important. Possibly forever-damaging to the company in the worst case scenarios. But huge upsides when the product lives up to the hype. I haven't had the opportunity to play with my S4 yet, but I'm sure I will like it. This is NI's opportunity to try and fix any of the issues that are concerning people, essentially give the people what they want, and develop some serious brand loyal clientele. I am not sold on Traktor and NI yet, but am willing to let them convince me why I should invest my money and career in them. If this thing can deliver then it looks like I've found my new weapon. Let's see...

Anyone who ordered from NI, did you get a tracking number of any kind?

Yeah, I got a UPS tracking number the day it was sent to me.
    But depending on where you live it's DHL or UPS. With UPS you have tracking, with DHL... I'm not sure. I've never had a DHL shipping with a tracking number before, so...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    BTW, Karlos, I hope you're not hating my existence at this point, as we seem to be dissagreeing with everything. This thread has been getting some very interesting discussion
    Dude that would never happen. I always respect the opinion of any member of DJTT. Hell, life would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    I dont think Karlos was saying that the video was not intended to be viral ... just that it was not a "leaked" video, nor was it promoted in that light.
    This is exactly what i was saying. Thankyou midifidler.

Look, im not gonna say that NI didnt know exactly what would happen.
    They did the same with the X1 but in that video they didnt even mention the X1, it was just in focus for a few seconds and people spotted it and went crazy.

I just cannot understand for the life of me why people get so heated about this stuff... NI are a money making technology company that are on the cutting edge of what they are involved with. They use the latest medium to get their message over.

They chose to stir things up with a little video about a product that has been a massive success. What would have been a good story is if the S4 turned out to be totally rubbish but it isnt.

The hype was worth it and as i stated before, all NI did was post a video. Its the public that hyped it into the stratosphere.

I almost get the feeling tha nothing NI do would be acceptable to some people like the S4 should have been announced by NI publishing a letter to a Newspaper saying

"We are very sorry if we have disturbed your morning but we have made something that you might like. You might not like it, please dont think we are assuming anything but as some of you are DJs we think we might have a product that you could use. If the case is that you dont like it we will all kill ourselves and we apologise profusely but if you do like it we would be really happy of you might consider buying it"

karlos your inbox is full!

Tech Guru

PLEASE TAKE YOUR BITCHING OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of this has anything to do wiht ordering an s4 from djtt.

Fawk!!!!

I can't even ask a question on my own thread so you guys can debat marketing.

Come on, get a fuckin room!!!!!
    Last edited by haze324; 11-09-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

MY DJTT S4 Shipping status has said this since 2 Nov.

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 02, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later"

I ordered something else from another store over the weekend and my status for that product says:

"Your item was processed through and left our WARRENDALE, PA 15086 facility on November 08, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later"

It's been over a week, and the postal office still does not say my package has been processed - only that they have been notified to expect a package for sending.

Anyone else have the same status. What gives here???
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast