Radio Shows?

Thread: Radio Shows?

Default Radio Shows?

Hey guys. Been a Ableton dj for about two years now, and have done some parties and small festivals and stuff. I really want to perform some sets over a live radio show, but how would one do so from the comfort of their house?

I am talking like, the radio show being in (for example) LA, while your house is in Florida. How would you transfer your ableton/traktor/serato/whatever audio to that radio stream?

Thanks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You have to have a location/server to stream that show to.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Nicecast (or Simplecast) to a Shoutcast server - there are probably many other ways.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You have to have a location/server to stream that show to.
    photojojo *FAIL* - perfect opportunity for pimping Purple Radio ...

OP: check my sig, there are a wonderful bunch of idiots who do exactly that. Pop over to our forum and PM Mr Black for a hookup.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    photojojo *FAIL* - perfect opportunity for pimping Purple Radio ...

OP: check my sig, there are a wonderful bunch of idiots who do exactly that. Pop over to our forum and PM Mr Black for a hookup.
    Well I am one of those idiots . To be honest I think the vast majority of the shows you hear on the net are pre-records that people just press play on. I'm pretty sure most all of the purple peeps are drunk and naked when we do our shows though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'm pretty sure most all of the purple peeps are drunk and naked when we do our shows though.
    I thought those were the rules ... listening to Andrea and Blackie doing a full bore disco and dub session to 4am fuelled by Baileys was utterly superb a couple a years back ... comedy gold ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers