Clavin Harris is a boss.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

he's not a DJ. He's a producer/EDM star.

The difference is clear in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    he's not a DJ. He's a producer/EDM star.

The difference is clear in the video.
    Hence why he plays a lot of his own tracks. Same with Deadmau5. Harris became a DJ to showcase his own music. Producer first, DJ second. (actually he's a pop star first and foremost).
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Dohjo View Post
    Not the same at all. If it's a DJ set, then his set shouldn't consist of more than 20 % of his own tracks
    I'm pretty sure that's your opinion, there's no rule saying that, and if I were seeing a dj set of my favorite producer I would expect about 60% of their tracks and 40% of the sounds that are influencing them or their label mates.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Weather you agree or disagree with him, that was as unprofessional as you can get. And having her removed form the club just shows how insecure he is. I'm sure he was paid plenty to do the gig. Suck it up and do what you were paid to do. Your no better than anyone else.

Like his music but he will lose fans over his lack of professionalism. Calvin not a boss.

Tech Wizard

It was a douchey move. But hes the highest paid DJ/Producer and you kind of expect the money to get to his head. Is it unoriginal that he played his own music? Um they are there to see him play his music right? And telling him he is unoriginal is crap. He produced/built the track and its made him Millions. Unoriginal? No. Stopping the music to call out some random broad who paid to be there and then kicking her out is BS and really unprofessional. But again he's a millionaire superstar and his ego is probably larger than all the clubs combined in Miami.

Tech Mentor

Can someone tell me the idea behind a dj touring and playing his own music on cdjs? Why not do a live-act then? Doesn't the whole concept of a dj fall apart if he just plays his own music?
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Tech Mentor

Can someone tell me the idea behind a dj touring and playing his own music on cdjs? Why not do a live-act then? Doesn't the whole concept of a dj fall apart if he just plays his own music?
    The whole concept of watching a dj sit on stage and twist some knobs blows my mind.

I don't know much about this guy, but he's definitely a douche. If you're being heckled to the point that you can't play, point the person out to security and have them removed. Don't stop the music and create a scene.

Tech Guru

sometimes it takes a community to raise a child. if that girl wants to act like a child who wasn't raised right, how are you gonna hate on Calvin Harris for stepping up to father the shit out of her obnoxious drunk ass.

Tech Mentor

What an embarrassing prima donna. Looks like her criticism struck a little too close to home.

Honestly, if he cant take a bit of heckling from a crowd, he should probably just stay behind the mixing desk rather than go out live.

This is the difference between a pop performer and a real DJ.

Total tool.

no?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast