Traktor pro-long boot time in Windows 7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor pro-long boot time in Windows 7

ive had traktor for a while now and a couple of months ago
    it started taking a long time to start up.
    just counted it off and it took one minute to open up.

now everything worked fine before it just seemed like one day it started doing this. ive tried reinstalling it multiple times. and even reformatted still the same problem.
    also i was running the cracked version when this started happening.
    but i have recently purchased a legit copy hoping this might solve the problem. but no dice.
    im starting to consider putting windows xp partition dedicated strictly for traktor. but i really dont want to. (love windows7)..

anyone have any suggestions other than rolling back to windows xp?

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loismustdie946 View Post
    also i was running the cracked version when this started happening.
    No one is going to help you.
    Don't dare posting in the NI-forums either.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Guru

hey man, at least he purchased the legitimate version, and was honest about all the variables in play from the origin of the problem. its quite easy to tell that many people here, and on the NI forums use cracked software. Most times, we cant help them, because they conceal that fact, or "have to stay with version 1.x.x" for an unknown reason.

Which version of 7 are you running?
    You say that traktor exhibitted normal boot times, and then started to act up?

what else have you installed since then? maybe something you've put on has put a service in place that is 'conflicting' with traktors load (for want of a better wording)?
    Is there a specific part of the load that is slow? like collection import? for example

instead of an xp dual boot (which apparently can be a pain in the arse to setup with 7) run a 7/7 dual boot, what i'm doing and works sweet as.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Questions:
    1. How big is the music collection (number of tracks)

2. Do you have the Prefernce options "Import Music Folder On Startup" & "Show Consistency Check on Start up" checked or not.

3. Do you have iTunes loading on startup. This is causes a major slow down of traktors startup.

1 minute is not that long if you have a large collection. If you have those options checked then 1 minute is about right even quite quick especially if iTunes is loading.

Load time will increase with the increase of your collection.

GET THAT CRACKED SHIT OFF YOUR PC it is infecting your setup.

try this little gem of a program http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
    with one click it can close down pretty much everything except traktor, i use it with xp and its awesome.
    also guys he said he "was" running a cracked version but is now legit so show some love eh
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

no its not taking a long time to load the collection or anything
    im saying the time it takes from clicking the icon to any traktor screen popping up is about one minute. im just staring at my desktop until then. it then loads my collection and everything in a matter of seconds.

im running windows 7 ultimate.
    i dont think its conflicting it was like the first thing i installed after the format.
    and it still did the same thing

and yes i WAS running a crack
    and i thought i might as well mention it because it might have something to do with it
    BUT i bought it and they have their money and the cracked version is completely off my pc
    all the updates are installed

i guess its not that big of a problem just kind of an annoyance waiting there to start a set already lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    GET THAT CRACKED SHIT OFF YOUR PC it is infecting your setup.
    He mentioned he has formatted several times, and reinstalled traktor to no avail.

im running windows 7 ultimate.
    i dont think its conflicting it was like the first thing i installed after the format.
    and it still did the same thing
    so traktor is the only program on there? no anti-virus etc?

no its not taking a long time to load the collection or anything
    im saying the time it takes from clicking the icon to any traktor screen popping up is about one minute. im just staring at my desktop until then. it then loads my collection and everything in a matter of seconds.
    what exactly is windows doing at the time you click the icon?
    are you clicking as soon as windows is loaded, or is a few minutes later?
    (do you use the laptop for more than just traktor?)
    do me a favour, after reading this (re)boot the laptop and start traktor as you normally would, but have task manager open at the same time, what is the cpu% and physical memroy usage at?

i'm thinking that if you're opening traktor as soon as windows loads it will take a while, because windows is still loading. this can be gauged on cpu usage at that moment.

if this is the case, you need to stop as many (if not all) startup programs. check the startup folder in the task bar, then open regedit, work your way through the main hkey folders, within them you want to go to;
    Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Run and clear anything in these.
    that will speed up load times

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    also guys he said he "was" running a cracked version but is now legit so show some love eh
    I know. Do you think id be helping if he was using a crack.

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    He mentioned he has formatted several times, and reinstalled traktor to no avail.
    True. My bad.
    What i should have said is dont continue to Seed that crack.

When someone mentions they used to use a crack i feel compelled to say get shut of it completely. Its like a nervous tick

VERY IMPORTANT:
    What Exact version of Traktor are you using (exact build) because there was one a whil back that didnt show a Splash Screen so you had to wait a whil to actually see that Traktor had started.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 03-24-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast