Hardwell/ Sebastian Ingrosso Effect
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hardwell/ Sebastian Ingrosso Effect

1.43 when Hardwell turns the knob on the video. What effect/filter is that? Is it possible to get this on Traktor. I know we have a filter etc. But his one you can really notice when its turned on. Also Sebastian uses it alot in this mix:

at 1:50.
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-24-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Can we just get a "which effect is hardwell using at this time?" sub section already
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Guru

Haha. That would be nice. As a newbie, I'm finding these threads really helpful.

The knob he's turning is the dry/wet on the djm effects so he is either using the filter effect or the sound is actually in the track and they used that clip because it looks right for the video.
    I've been on a few shoots for similar promo videos and sometimes the guys doing the videos use footage that fits the sound of the track playing.(I don't know the track in the video so this is just a suggestion)
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Guru

That is just the filter. All filters sound different, Traktor has the one in the mixer, which you can change the type of in the preferences>mixer sextion IIRC. Also there's the actual filter in the effects rack which has a lot more capability. You just sweep the filter down and that's it!

EDIT: The reason that it doesn't effect the vocal of the Gotye song is because that is on a different deck/channel. Or it may all be recorded, which isn't unheard of! This can kind of be done in one deck with an effects unit that has frequency isolation, like the Pioneer RMX or the new version of Deckadance that's coming out. Not one to be left behind, Traktor will probably have it by the end of the year. Tbh the Traktor effects are in a desperate need of an update! There was a blog post on here not long ago where they described a rather clever way of replicating the frequency effect in the current version of Traktor by duplicating the song into a spare deck and effecting the frequency on that. I never tried it because I don't have a spare deck in my set up :P

2ND EDIT: I'm just too nice, here's the blog post to save you exerting effort in your little DJ hands trying to find it!

http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/01/0...ng-in-traktor/
    Last edited by Sambo; 02-24-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Let's make a sub forum called "how do I sound like a famous DJ".

So I know where to stay out of.

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Let's make a sub forum called "how do I sound like a famous DJ".

So I know where to stay out of.

>
    +1
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yep, just a low pass filter. You can add a peak filter and bit of reverb to get more expression.

@Sambo - Isolator deck is optional in my mapping. I can still use it for track or remix deck and by changing the bank it easily becomes an isolator.

Tech Guru

How do you guys tell the difference between LP and HP filter? Aren't they the same except the frequency ranges are reversed?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    How do you guys tell the difference between LP and HP filter? Aren't they the same except the frequency ranges are reversed?
    I'm genuinely not sure if I'm being trolled or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    @Sambo - Isolator deck is optional in my mapping. I can still use it for track or remix deck and by changing the bank it easily becomes an isolator.
    I didn't notice that! I'll give it a try when I have some free time. I have the lady friend round tonight so... I can do it then!

"under the stairs for you, B****!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast