Fast Track Pro?

Thread: Fast Track Pro?

Tech Wizard

Default Fast Track Pro?

Hey. I'm thinking about buying a new soundcard sometime soon. Just wondering if any mobile DJ's here on DJTT use or have used this soundcard? Would this be a good portable soundcard, or is it more suitable for studio use?

NI Audio 4 DJ would be my first choice, but since Fast Track Pro is significantly cheaper and M-Audio have a good reputation. I was considering this soundcard

what do you guys think?
    http://soundcloud.com/aghastlykid
    Windows 7 64 bit - 4GB Ram HP Pavillion DV6 - Ableton Live 8 - Many Various Softwares =p - Akai RPM3 Monitor Speakers - Akai APC40 - Behringer BCD 3000 - M-Audio Oxygen 49

What are you using it for? I don't see the link between the Audio 4 and the Fast Track Pro at all, they seem to be suited for very different tasks to me.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

I own a fast track pro and works perfectly fine for me. It is designed for studio use but it can be perfectly used on dj gigs. A similar option can be the audio kontrol 1 by native instruments, this one includes midi buttons which are great.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    What are you using it for? I don't see the link between the Audio 4 and the Fast Track Pro at all, they seem to be suited for very different tasks to me.
    Well preferably for both studio use and mobile use. I know Fast Track pro is advertised as a studio soundcard (for Protools and such), but I hear some DJs use it as well. and I wanted to know if anyone uses this for DJing

I also saw it in Ean Goldens review of soundcards, which is what gave me the idea to consider this soundcard
    Windows 7 64 bit - 4GB Ram HP Pavillion DV6 - Ableton Live 8 - Many Various Softwares =p - Akai RPM3 Monitor Speakers - Akai APC40 - Behringer BCD 3000 - M-Audio Oxygen 49

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by polybius View Post
    I own a fast track pro and works perfectly fine for me. It is designed for studio use but it can be perfectly used on dj gigs. A similar option can be the audio kontrol 1 by native instruments, this one includes midi buttons which are great.
    Ah thanks! that's good to know.
    I've heard it would be suitable for DJ gigs, but i wanted to hear peoples personal experiences with this Soundcard

amidoinitrite

I had one for a day.. took it back and bought a Motu 828mk3