Traktor Mapping Tips
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Mapping Tips

I couldn't find a thread about Traktor mappings and tips n such, so I figured I'd start one off with a question.

For a mapping I've been working on, I have a few variables that I'm using to determine what "mode" a controller is in. There are 9 buttons, here's a breakdown:

Function - Holding down changes variable 1 to 1, otherwise v1 = 0.
    Mode 1 - While v1 = 1, sets v2 to 1. v2 will stay set until changed by another button.
    Mode 2 - While v1 = 1, sets v2 to 2.
    Mode 3 and 4 should be obvious.

Now, buttons 5-8 are sub-function buttons, so that while in Mode 1 and holding Function I can make each button have additional capabilities. Again, for example:

v2 is set to 1, holding down Function sets v3 to 1, but only while being held down.
    If v1 = 1 (Function is held down) and v2 = 2 (controller is in Mode 2), then v3 = 2. But only while Function is being held down, like for v1.

If you haven't noticed, I have a programming background. Anyway, here's the problem. That all works perfect, except v3 tends to kind of lock up. If I change to Mode 4, v3 = last setting. Then if I tap Function it all works fine. Any suggestions? Sorry if my terminology or sentence structure is a bit confusing, I can try to rewrite it if you want me to.

And as a final note, I'm by no means a master of Traktor, but I can try to give any help or tips if anyone else has questions over anything.

Tech Guru

I think you're making this a lot more confusing that it needs to be...

You shouldn't have to think of Traktor mapping like programming. There's no need to think of variables, everything is a boolean. On or off.

I don't really understand what v1 v2 and v3 are. Are they buttons? Are they FX?

Over in the controller mappings sub-forum there is this thread http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=23910
    The controller mappings sub-forum was just for the mappings themselves, but has kinda changed to anything to do with mapping.

Stewe will provably be along shortly to help.

Tech Mentor

There's big thread about mapping tips n tricks stickied at the top of the page in the Mapping section m8.

I'm struggling to make sense of the way you're going about using the modifiers altho I'm sure Stewe will make sense of it if any1 can.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Cryonic View Post
    Function - Holding down changes variable 1 to 1, otherwise v1 = 0.
    Mode 1 - While v1 = 1, sets v2 to 1. v2 will stay set until changed by another button.
    Mode 2 - While v1 = 1, sets v2 to 2.
    Mode 3 and 4 should be obvious.
    It sure looks like you're trying to replicate four banks mode using modifiers? Could be wrong tho but if you can give more details about what controller do you use and make a diagram saying where all the modifiers are placed I'm sure we can sort this out or eventually make it more simple if possible.

Tech Convert

Well right now I'm just creating the mapping on a midi fighter 3d, but eventually I'm going to be building my own. Yes, the "modes" I'm referring to would be like using the modes, and to clear up confusion fromSlvrDragon50, v1 v2 v3 were variable 1, 2, and 3. I forgot they're called modifiers in Traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Did you try to map M3 / direct=0 for your function (shift) button and make it to jump to value 0 but on release? You can also determine any ow M2 conditions for this command.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "