Very New Here...I Need to know if I can use these Speakers for Live Sound!
    Tech Convert

Default Very New Here...I Need to know if I can use these Speakers for Live Sound!

Here are the speakers.

What would be ran through them would be two mics, Key Board, Electric Drums (Along with a Sub) and Acoustic Guitar.

Will these work or will these get blown. These are brand new and and we already had them...so instead of buy different speakers I want to know your opinion.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CMS65/

You'd be nuts to run all that gear through a set of Focals.

Amazing amazing speakers... but they're studio monitors. Not PA speakers.

You'd more then likely find they wouldn't be at all loud enough and you'd damage them at the very least.

For the money you spent on those you could of got a decent PA, why did you buy such expensive speakers if you weren't quite sure what they were used for?

Tech Convert

We bought them for a room in our church for basically listening to worship music while reading the bible and such....The Leadership changed the direction of the room and we have these speakers. They were also using all in ear monitors and decided to switch back (Or if you want to you can switch back to Mackie SRM 450's as there monitors on the stage) I was going to use two of the Mackie SRM 450's for the Youth Group band...but got a wrench thrown in the mix. I might sell to return the Focals or sell them if they will not take them back. They were gently used for a month...So Im not sure.

Here is what I will buy if I can return them or sell them

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K12/

What do you think about these

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    You'd be nuts to run all that gear through a set of Focals.

Amazing amazing speakers... but they're studio monitors. Not PA speakers.

You'd more then likely find they wouldn't be at all loud enough and you'd damage them at the very least.

For the money you spent on those you could of got a decent PA, why did you buy such expensive speakers if you weren't quite sure what they were used for?
    In addition, good studio monitors are designed to give a flat response for use in the studio to give an accurate representation of the audio signal... so even if the volume issue wasn't there, you would run into the issue that these speakers don't produce sound that is appropriate for live performance (e.g., bass etc.)
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnot111 View Post

What do you think about these
    Much more appropriate.

Tech Convert

Would I need a Sub for the drums if I used two of these?

Tech Wizard

The K12's do not have much bass.

If you have a big room or are playing modern dance music - you are going to need a sub of some sort.

The QSC sub is great....but a bit pricey. I love mine, but you can do just as well with many others which are a bit cheaper