Rane 62 Vs Traktor Z2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Rane 62 Vs Traktor Z2

Rane 62 = aprrx $2000 from Stores Traktor Z2= apprx $799

Why?

I know native instruments has a more diversified product line inventory so Rane may need to milk their mixer line but damn the price difference! Why do you think rane mixers cost so much. I was looking over the specs of both and cannot rationalize the cost for Rane's 2channel mixer to be sold for so much now. Even the DJM-t1 is under $1,000.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Tech Guru

Havent touched a Z2, but I just know it isn't even on the same level as a 62. Thats why

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Havent touched a Z2, but I just know it isn't even on the same level as a 62. Thats why
    I love a good mixer as much as the next man but the truth is the build of the new rane's isnt all that. the buttons and knobs feel naff

Their price tag is unjustifiable imo

I doubt the Z2 feels as nice as an empath or any of the the older rane lines but the new line aint all that
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

5 years ago I never saw traktor being played out every1 was on serato, now when I go out the majority are on traktor, the people I know who use serato say they use it because its what they are used to and if they where to start today they would go traktor scratch.

Serato/Rane used to be the premium option and there was a snobbery against traktor that has now changed. I think rane are riding off there past reputation. I think the z2 will outsell the rane mixers, also the rane mixers arnt holding there value where as there sound cards are for the time being

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Z2 is as solid a mixer as I have ever touched. I really like the feel of the faders and the knobs have just the right amount of resistance.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You can't compare the Z2 to the 62. The 62 is in a league of it's own! It has on-board effects, as well
    as software effects. But most importantly, it has (2) USBs, and that feature alone is what sets it apart
    from any other mixer in the game.

However, you can compare the Z2 to the 61, and in my opinion, the Z2 wins that battle hands down!

Tech Guru

NI has a whole lot to prove to me when it comes to quality. Rane has to be the top brand in my mind when it comes to build and sound quality. Not too mention their customer service and warranty serivce is awesome, NI's is and has always been a joke. I'm not believing anything about the z2 untill it is proven over the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I love a good mixer as much as the next man but the truth is the build of the new rane's isnt all that. the buttons and knobs feel naff

Their price tag is unjustifiable imo
    Tell me about it. I got a chance to take a look at a Rane 61 the other day- It's a £1100 mixer yet my £300 mixer has nicer buttons and knobs. And I dunno if this is me being weird but the slots in the faceplate for the faders seemed really wide and open which I didn't really like.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Tell me about it. I got a chance to take a look at a Rane 61 the other day- It's a £1100 mixer yet my £300 mixer has nicer buttons and knobs. And I dunno if this is me being weird but the slots in the faceplate for the faders seemed really wide and open which I didn't really like.
    I had the Rane 68. Previously owned the Pioneer DJM-800 the before that. The Rane mixer felt cheap to me and not being a scratch style dj I couldn't fully appreciate the crossfader benefits. The look of the Rane 68 seemed outdated, it was super light, and the buttons were stiff plastic...I ended up selling my entire set up and trying on the all in one controller market with the S4.
    Last edited by rsciangula; 11-08-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Doesn't help that it's the most expensive mixer on the face of the earth :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast