Im thinking upgrading my full DJ setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Im thinking upgrading my full DJ setup

Good evening fellas. I was thinking of upgrading my live djing gear, Currently I own pair of Traktor f1, maschine mikro, and allen heath db4 mixer, using all that with traktor. I was thinking hard and twisting my thoughts around, do I really need a mixer at all? How good is traktor internal mixer/effects/etc compared to allen heath db4 + quality out of it? Because Im looking to sell my db4, f1's and maschine. And inplace of that gear Im looking to get Roland aira tr8, delay pedal, AH K2 (was just reading about it, I think K1 would be better and cheaper because I dont find any use of that soundcard in k2 for this setup, correct me if Im wrong) and maybe in soon future roland aira tb3 if I feel the need for it, and have traktor as master. And use traktors reverbs, filters, EQ's, etc. Will I suffer without having my Db4? Because I always had this feeling that everything evolves around my mixer, but as I think now, it might not be right frame of mind. I see people in gigs come with only laptop and X1 and do perfectly fine. I wouldnt sell my mixer at all, but I really want upgrade and want some more money to spend. It also been a headfuck sometimes changing mixers in gigs, due to space limitation etc etc, as i feel this setup would be easier a little. I would need traktor audio 10 soundcard with it, will I? Or 8 would be enough for 2 channels in traktor, pedal,roland tr8? (Was doing some reading too, I think NI audio 6 would be more than enough if Im not mistaken, roland is on USB, k1/k2 on USB too and all I would need to connect to the soundcard would be delay pedal, but Im thinking, would it work that way? the delay pedal? Correct me if Im wrong) I hope you will understand what I just wrote, and any help is appreciated. Hope receiving some replys soon lads, as Im really looking forward to go with this setup asap.
    Last edited by MockusD; 10-23-2015 at 05:27 PM.

I have put more mind into it, and I think I came to conclusion what I want go for ideally:

Roland aira tr8
    Boss reverb pedal
    Boss dd7 pedal
    Xone k1
    Use traktor software
    No mixer (if possible)
    NI Audio Soundcard - Which one will i need to connect all this, I dont need any left over channels, as I'm planning to keep this setup same for a while as my last one. - Shortened of above essay.

If its even possible to connect everything without mixer.
    Last edited by MockusD; 10-23-2015 at 06:23 PM.

I wouldn't be getting rid of my db4 for love nor money, but that's just me.

Instead of replacing everything in one swoop, why not trickle little bits and pieces into your current setup? I still have traktor running through my DB4, and i use my MF3D for traktor effects (purely for the arcade buttons) and the DB4 to effect the traktor effects (mainly filters and reverbs/delays, which the DB4 is awesome at)

It took me a few years to settle on a setup that i really enjoy using, and i've spent a lot of money trying different things out, but i wouldnt discard anything before selling up your old gear.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    I wouldn't be getting rid of my db4 for love nor money, but that's just me.

Instead of replacing everything in one swoop, why not trickle little bits and pieces into your current setup? I still have traktor running through my DB4, and i use my MF3D for traktor effects (purely for the arcade buttons) and the DB4 to effect the traktor effects (mainly filters and reverbs/delays, which the DB4 is awesome at)

It took me a few years to settle on a setup that i really enjoy using, and i've spent a lot of money trying different things out, but i wouldnt discard anything before selling up your old gear.
    I been adding things and selling things, buying new things and selling again these couple years since I got DB4, I tried, but meh, I know its great mixer and what not, but you know. What I have written above is what I really want to go for, and all Im asking, will everything connect properly and what soundcard I need to connect it all, I dont need extra channels to be left over, I made up my mind, its no biggie if it wont work out, ill get xone 92 in future then, no biggie.

Anyone?

How many channels do you need to control in Traktor?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    Anyone?
    i tried reading twice and gave up.

Paragraphs are vital when reading on small laptop screens.

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    How many channels do you need to control in Traktor?
    2 is enough for time being. Which sound card would I need to connect it all? Because TR8 is usb connected, K1 is just to control traktor (EQ's for most part, because I'm getting delay and reverb pedal) I think I need to connect pedals to soundcard only and everything should be working if I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    i tried reading twice and gave up.

Paragraphs are vital when reading on small laptop screens.
    I'm sorry, and thanks for trying. I have strange way of writing my mind out. Also being that, English is not my first language and that most likely is playing the part for weird paragraph

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    I'm sorry, and thanks for trying. I have strange way of writing my mind out. Also being that, English is not my first language and that most likely is playing the part for weird paragraph
    Even if you just did a line break every couple of sentences, it would make it much easier to read.

Your English is absolutely fine for a second language and you write better than some native english speakers Ive met.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast