Traktor reanalyzing tracks on multiple computers
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor reanalyzing tracks on multiple computers

Hi,

So I have two computers, one for prepping tracks and one for actual DJing. Both computers are sharing the same music library on an external hard drive.

I'm finding that even though I've already cued up tracks and prepared them on one computer, the DJing computer always has to reanalyze the tracks before I can see the waveform. Is this just something I have to deal with or am I doing something wrong?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

The prepped information is stored in the stripes and transients folders in your Traktor Root Directory (assuming you are using traktor).

The method I used for this was to use a folder copying software. I used synctoy when I put the directory on a external flash drive. Currently I use bittorrent sync (free for standard use) and it just copies the data between the folders on the desktop to the ones on the laptop so they align. The setup is a little tedious with having to set a key to each other so they can connect. Once it's up and running it checks out. Good luck!

That's a bloody good idea... Gonna look into that...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

I do the exact same thing and face the exact same problem. I've tried to solve it but it just got more complicated than simply hit "analyze" on the folders when importing tracks. Not a big deal, I got used to it, when importing new tracks it will take a couple of minutes to get everything ready to play.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Souvlaki View Post
    The prepped information is stored in the stripes and transients folders in your Traktor Root Directory (assuming you are using traktor).

The method I used for this was to use a folder copying software. I used synctoy when I put the directory on a external flash drive. Currently I use bittorrent sync (free for standard use) and it just copies the data between the folders on the desktop to the ones on the laptop so they align. The setup is a little tedious with having to set a key to each other so they can connect. Once it's up and running it checks out. Good luck!
    Ahhh. Thank you! I will try it out. Do you sync the entire Traktor root director or do you only sync hte stripes and transients folders?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Ahhh. Thank you! I will try it out. Do you sync the entire Traktor root director or do you only sync hte stripes and transients folders?
    To make it easier I actually just synced my entire Native Instruments folder. That way when you decide to upgrade its ready to go. However, if you decide to update a lot the stripes and transients can end up taking a bunch of space so I go back and clean out the Traktor versions that I don't use anymore.

Tech Guru

Be careful with directory mirroring, and remember that its not a backup.

If you accidentally wipe one mirrored folder, it will automatically wipe the other once you sync, leaving you with no copy at all.

Thats why incremental backups should also be taken when using mirroring so you have disaster recovery.

This all sounds awesome.

I've always kept my Traktor info on a separate external drive so that it lives in the same place as my iTunes Library/Music collection.

I think a better way would be to use Traktors default root directory ( C: ) and mirror (and incremental back-up) to the external drive.

So - what is the best way to move my Traktor info FROM the external drive, to the C:? The reason I get confused, is that there are only 4 folders mentioned on Traktors preferences, but MORE THAN four actual folders generated by Traktor...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Hey Patch, if you haven't figured this out yet I'm assuming that your Traktor root folder (the one that lists the version) is setup in the external drive. I believe all you would have to do is to move it to wherever you want on the C drive and then specify the path to get to that folder in Traktor's Folder Prefrences. The itunes library path should be the same if it was set to the external drive to begin with.
    I used sync toy as a mirorring program but I'm sure there's an active program or a batch command to mirror the root folder live to do it automatically.