DeLorian's Half Hour of Power

Default DeLorian's Half Hour of Power

Hey guys! New to the forum here, and I'd like to get an opinion on a mix I made a little while back.

Take a listen and leave your feedback! Good, bad, ugly is all fine with me as long as it's HONEST!

I made this using Traktor, an Akai MPD 24, a Behringer BCR2000, and a Native Instruments X1

Thank you in an advance...
    Let's take it to 88!

Last edited by padi_04; 02-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.

I dig some of the songs, but some of them that you're trying to mix together don't really go together well at all. At about 21min the beat matching is way off. The song on it's way out just stops with out a real big brake or anything from the other song. This again points back to the songs not really mixing well together.

Good effort, but needs some work I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lingk View Post
    I dig some of the songs, but some of them that you're trying to mix together don't really go together well at all. At about 21min the beat matching is way off. The song on it's way out just stops with out a real big brake or anything from the other song. This again points back to the songs not really mixing well together.

Good effort, but needs some work I think.
    Yeah I can definitely see that. That point in the mix was supposed to showcase an artist's song in my little collective and it didn't seem to fit well in any part of the mix. That and the song before it was having syncing issues with Traktor... Definitely need work! but that's why I'm here for advice

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorianRoyal View Post
    Yeah I can definitely see that. That point in the mix was supposed to showcase an artist's song in my little collective and it didn't seem to fit well in any part of the mix. That and the song before it was having syncing issues with Traktor... Definitely need work! but that's why I'm here for advice
    Good! Sync can be tricky in traktor. it's deff not a catch all. I have had to put 8 beat grid markers in tracks sometimes. Just depends on how well the track was produced, and if it was a vinyl rip or not. I always tell people, sync will get you to that 90% but you'll still have to do the last 10%
    Last edited by lingk; 02-20-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Tech Mentor

I mostly agree with Lingk - There are some cool sounding tracks in there I'd like to look up, but not everything goes well (I don't quite get what the disco tracks are all about, but I think that's just me).
    I couldn't identify many mis-matched beats around the 21m mark, but there seemed to be an off moment about 21:27 and again at 21:40 or so. And yeah, that song just dropping out.
    The vocals at 4:00 are hard to hear, and again at 16:55.

It always has to be said though: Selection, selection, selection. A track lasts about 4 minutes, a mix lasts about 30 seconds, which one are the audience going to remember?
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.