What DJ gear to get for $75? Gear wishlist ideas please! What would you want? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Slipmats, anti vibration mats, dust covers, flashy lights, record clesner brush, cleaning solvents, stylus cleaner, switch cleaner spray, fluffy covers for your headphones, soft cases for hardware, stickers, keyboard overlays, memory cards, blank discs, speaker spikes, cables, 1 of those mice with the jogwheel on, and a Griffin Powermate pls

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Slipmats, anti vibration mats, dust covers, flashy lights, record clesner brush, cleaning solvents, stylus cleaner, switch cleaner spray, fluffy covers for your headphones, soft cases for hardware, stickers, keyboard overlays, memory cards, blank discs, speaker spikes, cables, 1 of those mice with the jogwheel on, and a Griffin Powermate pls
    Thanks for the ideas!

To the people saying the korg and akai controllers- I don't really think I would use them since I have everything I need on my 4D pretty much. Maybe the nano key since I want to get into production and a little keyboard would be useful.

Tech Guru

The akai key is pretty damn classy I must say (nano key feels exactly like my laptop keyboard bleh).

Yah, I guess I was a little confused, I thought you were buying this for someone else. I've seen your setup in other threads, and damn.... yeah, you dont need any of the nano things haha.

An extra neoprene laptop sleeve.... like the samsonite. You can never have enough protection.

Or.. more SDRAM.

Tech Wizard

Beatport or your favorite site that you buy music from gift card?

Tech Wizard

Also, if you ask for a small keyboard, ask for the Akai one. The nanokey blows. Since you're used to quality gear you'd hate the nanokey. It looks and feels cheap. If you can't tell, I regret buying mine.

Yay for miscellany! 75USD Isn't much for actual gear being useful for other than toying around, so the small things we take for granted yet cumulatively spend arms, legs, and genitals on would be my call.

Cables, ram for the lappy toppy, funky colored control media, a decade's supply of DeOxit, MixedInKey, Beatport/TTL/Juno/ITunes allowances, those crazy audiophile Audio Technica record weights, external hard drive enclosure, Firewire express card . . .

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
    Also, if you ask for a small keyboard, ask for the Akai one. The nanokey blows. Since you're used to quality gear you'd hate the nanokey. It looks and feels cheap. If you can't tell, I regret buying mine.
    Yeah definitely I would go for the akai. What's the best deal on one?

As for the misc. stuff there are so many little things that are hard to think of and choose. I wish I could find some crazy UV yellow/green and or blue knobs for my Xone: 4D. Anyone know of any? That would be a pretty sweet upgrade and not too expensive.

I think it would be more fun to get a bunch of little stuff, I will definitely be getting a full keyboard soon enough anyway so the akai keyboard would just be for fun. Part of the fun of secret santa is opening gifts so a giftcard would be lame and I have my music covered.

I've got a lot of nice white Traktor control vinyl already and am actually lacking TTs at the moment and it's killing me since I have hundreds of new records to listen to, I just have to sell my damn Serato SL1 package with will hopefully be tomorrow.

Anyway any cool little stuff to mod my gear would be cool. Some type of plug in UV light maybe (USB powered)? I've seen people who have little lights that plug into the jacks on a mixer itself, how does that work or was I just seeing something wrong?

I gotta come up with a list by tomorrow, it's getting close especially if they are going to order stuff. I want to venture into production but there's really nothing cheap in that department I would want. A korg kaossillator would be cool but slightly above budget. I do need a CD booklet and CDs. I wish I had a good labeling system, I tried these stick on printable labels but they are a pain, I'm wondering if it's worth investing in a lightscribe drive but the discs are expensive I think and I will need hundreds.

Anyway keep the ideas flowing I'm sure I'm not the only one who could use ideas for small DJ gear items.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Yeah definitely I would go for the akai. What's the best deal on one?
    Just head on down to your local GC, I actually found them to be pretty helpful (shocking I know). Gave the guy down in pro audio my name and number, and he called me when they were having a sale on the lpd8/lpk, so I ended up getting the lpd8 for 60 total after tax, which was like, 15 bucks off overall.

Cool. That's definitely one option.

Do you think this LCD would be useful or just a waste?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/u...sel_Lilliput_5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast