XONE:K2 Traktor Pro 2 2.7.0 - Help needed with LED Mapping Inconsistencies

Default XONE:K2 Traktor Pro 2 2.7.0 - Help needed with LED Mapping Inconsistencies

Hi all, I'm in the process of making/completing a really nice 4 Decks, 2 FX mapping for the XONE:K2 but I've hit a bit of a snag and I'd love some help from the geniuses here.

Firstly, does anyone know if it's possible to control LED brightness a la X1 yet?

With regards to LED mapping, I have 2 modifiers effectively giving me 3 layers, and everything functions as intended except LED behaviour.

Modifier 1 controls FX 1-4 on and is mapped green
    Modifier 2 controls beat jump & cue to next marker and is mapped orange
    Transport is of course red and needs no modifier

the problem I'm facing (may well be down to my inexperience) is that when I let go if modifier 1 or 2 the colours don't revert back to red from green or orange until I press them again which can screw up a session royally.

Is there something I'm missing in my mapping, is there something I can add or do, or is this the nature of the beast?

I can provide any info required of course and the mapping in its current state and any help will be most appreciated and of course credited once I get this little ditty out and shared.
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey CodeMorse,

The K2 somewhat wouldn't properly refresh the controller output with Traktor but you can use send monitor command to kinda force the LED output to sync up the modifier state.

Add IN > Global > Send Monitor Settings

Map them to your modifier buttons and see what happens. This usually fixes the problem with K2.

Stewe you nailed it mate! That's been bugging me for weeks!

Thank you so much

I just need to figure out how to make the LED turn on and off when pressed, (toggle on and off) or somehow get them to brighten when pressed and she's ready to roll , fantastic!

Sorry to be a pain Stewe, do you know if it's possible to have LED's assigned to beatjump/move light up when pressed? They are used via my second modifier.
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 12-24-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: additional question
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I knew it - Cool!
    I like to have a modifier mapped to beatjump buttons and then use it's output command to illuminate the button while held down

Yeah that's what I did, all mapped properly to their respective outputs, like the fx 1-4 on to the other modifier, but they stay on rather than light up, using invert just has them turned off as it should I assume, born gives me no joy either.

Is there a specific command on the output I need to use?
    I'm sorry to be a pain Stewe, I've trawled the inter web with no luck on this one.

Point of interest, the pitch bend buttons do the same thing, always on or off. I reckon I must be missing a trick!

By the way, a very Merry Christmas to you sir