Traktor Pro 2 and Novation Launchpad Mapping Help
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro 2 and Novation Launchpad Mapping Help

Sorry to make another post, which has probably been answered here before, but I have followed guides and still I am having issues with it.

So I have my launchpad mapped to set cue 1-8 for each deck, that was easy enough, however, I cannot get the lights to work properly. And what I want is the light to remain dim when there is no cue, but light up brighter when there is a cue point correlating to that button.

I know this is probably real simple, but for whatever reason I get weird things like when I push the button, the entire 8 cue points light up in a different color, but only when I press it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
    I know this is probably real simple, but for whatever reason I get weird things like when I push the button, the entire 8 cue points light up in a different color, but only when I press it.
    Sounds like you're currently using the Select/Set+Store Hotcue command to output all cues. Have a change and make them output trough this command:

Add OUT > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue # Type (remember that each cue has a different output command)

Once you have made the output for your first cue and mapped it to a pad, navigate to the MIDI Range min and max value in the LED Options. This is where you can adjust the color for each cue type/state by tweaking the maximum value. (just click and drag and you should see that colors are changing as you get trough entire range 0-127)

Finally, if you want to create a hotcue button which corresponds to some specific cue type then use a modifier conditional.

Tech Convert

Thanks so much, this did exactly what I wanted it to.
    I appreciate your time, and patience.

I was playing with a similar idea over the weekend there, but I wanted mine to correlate with a colour for each type of cue. Green for loop, yellow for load etc.. I did get it, except with the midi range I have set, I can't seem now to turn the lights off once I delete the cue, it reverts to red, (which is being used as hotcue)
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Create another copy of cue output command and add Modifier 'empty' state (first option above the cue) and adjust max range to zero.

Tech Wizard

Can't you use the learn button ?

Quote Originally Posted by cerius View Post
    Can't you use the learn button ?
    Not with LED output.. nope
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.