Behringer CMD MM-1 Vu Meter

Default Behringer CMD MM-1 Vu Meter

Hello everyone! I recently made the switch from an analog mixer to the Behringer CMD MM-1 and DC-1. I'm using Mixxx (1.12 beta) and a pair of timecode vinyls. Everything seems to be in working order and I've been able to map out my controllers as I like using Mixxx's MIDI learning tools, but I can't seem to get the VU meter to work.

Looking at Behringer's official documents, the VU Meters are on 80 and 81. I tried creating an output mapping on Mixxx, setting control to 80 and 81, but nothing happens.

I also tried to use Deckadance 2 that came with it and used MidiMonitor to spy on the output. MidiMonitor says the Vu Meter commands from Deckadance are sent to 50 and 51. So I tried to change the output mapping on Mixxx to 50 and 51, but still nothing.

I am a total noob at MIDI, so I really don't know what I'm doing. Any help in getting the Vu Meter to work would be greatly appreciated.

Also, since it's totally possible to change LED colours, is there anyway to program a change in colour when a button is pushed? (ie. change the colour of the CUE button headphone cueing is off.)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi jdiala,
    I took a quick look at my MM1 Traktor mapping and they seem to receive 80 and 81. Just ensure to map them in correct midi channel and they should be good to go.
    As for the button LED's - those are multi color (OFF State=blue ; On State=orange) to make active state you need to set midi velocity for output command.

Solid state is velocity of 1
    Flashing state is velocity of 2

Hopefully this helps.

No love. Is there any way to convert .tsi to .xml files? Maybe if I peek at one, I can get some insight on how to code it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can try changing the file extension from .tsi in to the .xml
    Wish you have more luck with this mate

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jdiala View Post
    No love. Is there any way to convert .tsi to .xml files? Maybe if I peek at one, I can get some insight on how to code it.
    No. XML is just structured data; many different programs use it for different purposes. Mixxx uses it to link MIDI signals to parameters in Mixxx.