Which Needle/Stylus?

Question Which Needle/Stylus?

hello everyone.I wanna buy pick-up Only for listening and for scratching or mixing.So i want you to advise me a good pick-up.Thanks.

someone?>

Tech Wizard

Default Needles

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post
    hello everyone.I wanna buy pick-up Only for listening and for scratching or mixing.So i want you to advise me a good pick-up.Thanks.
    Hey there!

I've been using Black Ortofon Pro S ones for the last 6 years or so and they have actually lasted really well despite constant scratch battering. The sound quality has been decent - though I can't vouch for them on a club system.

However, I've just bought some Shure M447s which I've been told are better at tracking and provide a stronger a signal for Serato (but I'm yet to verify this personally...).

A few years ago I wanted to get a better needle for sound quality for recording my vinyl to digital - I bought a Grado DJ needle - but I had real trouble with it...it kept skipping on my older vinyl no matter what I did. I actually ended up using my ortofons to record in the end...But it's possible I set it up wrong...

Anyway...I digress! Hope that helps!

Tech Mentor

Ortofon Scratch for me (the pink ones) never had any problems with them. Really like them, the design is just right; classic old school shape that still looks fresh after all those years.

Tech Wizard

Default Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by anteater32 View Post
    Ortofon Scratch for me (the pink ones) never had any problems with them. Really like them, the design is just right; classic old school shape that still looks fresh after all those years.
    Ah always wondered if they were good anteater...just out of interest how often do you replace the tips?