I have found happiness!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I have found happiness!!

I am now using the Numark Total Control with Deckadance and loving it! Everything works and I can actually dj like a dj again! I don't even have to make beat grids!!! I can actually beat match!!

Tech Mentor

Man, beat-griddin' is taking a beating this week.

<rant>

I use Traktor personally but a young relative of mine has a DJ Control MP3 and I was going to purchase Deckadance for her. Problem is that the LEDs won't work and Image Line won't tell me how to fix it unless I buy a license. Fair enough, but one also cannot post in their forums to ask for help until purchase. So, the way I see it, you're buying a license and a key to converse with the rest of their user community. Their controller references don't have anything listed for the DJCMP3 but according to them, "it's officially and fully supported." But I want confirmation that everything works prior to purchasing it. They claim it works but I don't see how being that the PC version of the DJCMP3 doesn't have MIDI OUT (it uses DirectInput).

</rant>

Tech Wizard

As stupid as this sounds have just tried to google it or something?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by movement23 View Post
    As stupid as this sounds have just tried to google it or something?
    NO WAYYY!

Of course I did.

That's how I came to find out that the PC version of the controller uses DirectInput instead of MIDI OUT. There are no search hits regarding this in relation to Deckadance. Image Line claims that it works fine but I can't find any information to back that claim nor can I try my luck in speaking with their user base via forums. I say try my luck as there aren't probably a lot of people who still have and/or using this controller.

Tech Wizard

Sorry to hear that man I hope you find your way eventually.

*vomits off over the mere thought about not laying down super tight grids*

How do you loop properly? Beatjump properly? Do sample locked effects properly?
    If you want to use all the cool features you have to beatgrid anyway, so might as well spend a few more seconds to get a tight grid then dont bother beatmatching and do some more interesting techniques in the time you would usually spend beatmatching.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    +1
    lotsa vomit
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

How do you loop properly? Beatjump properly? Do sample locked effects properly?
    If you want to use all the cool features you have to beatgrid anyway, so might as well spend a few more seconds to get a tight grid then dont bother beatmatching and do some more interesting techniques in the time you would usually spend beatmatching.
    Is it me or is beatmatching most important (notice I didn't say solely) to peeps who are still using TTs and DVS rigs?

Me personally, I'm all digital but something is pulling me toward buying a pair of 1200s. Not because I feel obligated to but just because those are damn fine pieces of hardware engineering, which I love (plus mother has a ton of vinyl just waiting to be sampled).

The secondary benefit to me will be the ability to go retro and refine the vinyl beatmatching skills. Guess I do feel just a bit of an oblig after all, heh.

got some 1200s in my studio. they are very cool
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

i use traktor but I don't beatgrid my tracks, I prefer beatmatching manually... Half the reason I stick to the oldschool way is because I think it's funner/challenging, but admittedly it's also because I'm kinda lazy so I don't feel like beatgridding a kajillion tunes ! :P

Not to mention when you CAN beatmatch manually, it isn't so time consuming that you won't be able to focus on fx,cueing,key,eq,looping etc. So that argument that beatgridding is essential to free time/focus do more complex mixing is ridiculous in my opinion. Shouldn't take much more than a second or two for a good dj to get his shit matched from scratch and for the tracks to stay matched!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast