Beatler 1.6 - Concept (new features) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
    also instead of reloading the track just wait a bit and see if it starts playing (which it should)
    I've done that and sometimes it has started playing, other times though it didn't before I got impatient.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I've done that and sometimes it has started playing, other times though it didn't before I got impatient.
    The more I look in to this it would seem some of the servers that host the samples are worse then others. A Friend in cali has not had the issue at all "its actually a lot snappier then the website here"

Rupert has never really had the issue (in UK) where as I see it every now and then here (FL). I also noticed I don't have the issue when i just let the app run through playlists like a radio (which is usually how i have it running all day). only when I skip fairly quickly through tracks and select stuff manually but really never any worse then the website.

Oh yea Chris did you have any issues running the 1.6 NB?
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
    also can you open up terminal and ping geo-samples.beatport.com and send me the IP you get.
    IP: 66.151.38.65

Average lag is around 180ms (what I normally get with online games). I'll check if this prevails when I get home and compare with the flash and beta sites. I'm a quick jumper (2 secs per track unless I love it) so I might be pushing it a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    IP: 66.151.38.65

Average lag is around 180ms (what I normally get with online games). I'll check if this prevails when I get home and compare with the flash and beta sites. I'm a quick jumper (2 secs per track unless I love it) so I might be pushing it a bit too much.
    Thanks

i'm mapping out which ip's serve which area

Any luck installing the NB?
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

Sneak peak at the file re-namer

http://cl.ly/6Jtl

'application error'
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    'application error'
    LOL CloudApp just went haywire (none of my uploads are up)

here is the shot
    http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4...10428at413.png

(also does folder hierarchy)

Screen
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.

cool! I can haz camelot key and bpm info in there too pweez?

All my files are renamed by mixed in key with key - bpm - filename.

Now we know beatport is bringing out key info... (although of course currently just actual music notes rather than camelot keys for bums like me who can't be bothered to remember the circle of fifths )
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    cool! I can haz camelot key and bpm info in there too pweez?

All my files are renamed by mixed in key with key - bpm - filename.

Now we know beatport is bringing out key info... (although of course currently just actual music notes rather than camelot keys for bums like me who can't be bothered to remember the circle of fifths )
    Yep its happening (along with wavforms) :P just waiting to turn it all on. I'm curious as to the accuracy of beatports algorithm TBH.

(edit) we wont be doing whole Camelot thing as we have to pay them licensing so far as i know (crazy expensive) to even display that info.

(edit 2) I wanted to turn on key and bpm around december but couldn't because we had to wait for beatport to announce it. Expect to see some other cool stuff in the future that I cant talk about yet :P

(edit 3) Excuse the edits.. I had too much coffee :P
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-28-2011 at 04:13 PM.

loving your work.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast