Transition from Traktor to Cdjs!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Synec View Post
    Do I really have to say it?

If you don't take the time to EVER learn how to beatmatch, I have no respect for you as a DJ. DJing is a trade/art/craft and one should learn ALL of the tools if they are to be good.

So good for you, youre on the right track!
    Sounding very mature and knowledgeable!

Quote Originally Posted by scut_07 View Post
    So im using traktor now for about a year and its all I know. I started on it and have never learned to beatmatch, so a few days ago I borrowed a pair of cdjs and a mixer off a friend to have a go and boy did I get a shock!! I never realised how hard it was to beatmatch manually but I actually quite enjoyed it! The plan is to now refine my skills until i can beatmatch proficiently. As a result of this im finding myself mixing better in Traktor! I also believe every dj should know how to beatmatch even if they do use sync because it'll make you a better dj in the longrun.
    What controller are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by scut_07 View Post
    Ya I know mate but just using cds in itself just adds to the authenticity
    Ya the hardest thing I find is getting the bpms correct, once you have that done theres only so far you can be out in between the beats. A lot of practice is needed but it shall be worth the effort.
    CDJ's authentic? as compared to what?

Beatmatching is like hand-cranking a car to make it work. Kinda like juggling minus the cool looking part. Sort of using an abacus to count when you have a computer to your side. If you have the time it is as useful as learning Esperanto. I rather use my time in something waaaay more useful.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Please don't start this.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Please don't start this.
    ^^^^this^^^^ different folks different strokes. We all just love music right?
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    ^^^^this^^^^ different folks different strokes. We all just love music right?
    This x3

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    Beatmatching is like hand-cranking a car to make it work. Kinda like juggling minus the cool looking part. Sort of using an abacus to count when you have a computer to your side. If you have the time it is as useful as learning Esperanto. I rather use my time in something waaaay more useful.
    Playing other people's records: it's not just a job, it's an adventure.

*sighs*

Sometimes I choose not to tell people I'm a DJ, because of all the d*cks who do it ...
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Please don't start this.
    It has already begun!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

I started on a BCD2000, Then jumped to CDJS, Then the S4.

Loved mixing with just cdjs at the start. but now couldnt see myself using anything else other then Traktor.

I dont use sync as none of my songs have been put into that beat grid. I just match the tempos up and adjust if they start to sway
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

Quote Originally Posted by Synec View Post
    If you don't take the time to EVER learn how to beatmatch, I have no respect for you as a DJ. DJing is a trade/art/craft and one should learn ALL of the tools if they are to be good.
    Sup, I have no idea how to beat match whats so ever...I also don't care if you have respect for me.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Would be interested in seeing if those who are on TT and CDJs really do remove the BPM or phase meter....
    I have two ways I DJ: Stanton CD decks with DVS and using two X1s, using sync. My layout for CDJs, I've disabled the phase meter and current BPM. You don't need them if you DJ properly!

EDIT: The problem is, the smallest increment you can get on the CDJ pitch is 0.15 BPM in Traktor. I did some tests when I was convinced the music was either drifting or unable to match.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast