S4 Crossfader... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

quick fix if you only use the up faders like i do, disable xfade assignment by shift then one of the 2 fx buttons (whichever side it is assigned to 1->left 2->right)

i did this cause i kept accidentally knocking it over mid set and would have no idea why the music cut, as i never used the xfader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by B.Hallowell View Post
    Ok. I'm going insane. I've searched everywhere for a fix however can't seem to find one.

I started doing a mix yesterday and the internal crossfader in Traktor will jump to about 95% towards the left deck. I don't have the issue when the S4 is not plugged in so it's not the software. I hardly ever use the crossfader on the S4, always the volumes so it's not worn out, and hell I just got it in May. When jamming out and doing a mix it's really annoying when it jumps full left. I have to take the crossfader on the S4 and go full left then full right and it'll reset to where ever I leave it with the S4 like it should. I've reset the S4 in the settings and calibrated the crossfader approximately 291428067958 times. Ive found some similar issues on NI's forum about this with the volume faders but none about the crossfader and NI had all those threads locked. I have heard horror stories about NI customer service and figured I'd try here. Anyone have any info?
    innofade with the innojuster put this baby in my vci-300 and is smooth as a baby's ass and get the innojuster they make it for a few controllers. is supposed to be bullet proff.

http://www.innofader.com/index.php

Default S4 Crossfader...

Try getting a duster can and cleaning out the fader that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Try getting a duster can and cleaning out the fader that way.
    This ... or better yet get some cailube to clean up the contacts. It sounds like some gunk has gotten in there and it could be a real easy fix. Happened to my VCI when I first got it and since I cleaned the fader smooth as butter for years now. Well maybe not smooth as butter but as smooth as the VCI crossfader can be (which is not too bad).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Thanks for the tips guys. Can of duster did nothing. I'll try the cailube. Never heard of that. I have tried to contact NI and haven't heard anything back. I really don't want to have to go the innofader route since I don't use it ever but it'd be nice to have a working xfader. Also the fact I bought this in May and it's acting up now doesn't calm my fears of it being as solid as I had once thought.

Edit: I've just disabled the deck assignments. I still see it jump on the screen when it's connected it just now doesn't have an effect.
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by B.Hallowell View Post
    Edit: I've just disabled the deck assignments. I still see it jump on the screen when it's connected it just now doesn't have an effect.
    You ought to be able to take it off the screen too so it doesn't annoy you, no? I don't know about the S4 but in TSP 2 preferences you can remove that section of the screen entirely -- "Mixer Layout" under the Mixer panel.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

So yeah mine is out of warranty (I'm buying it, he bought it 1 year and half ago) and he told me he never used it (so how does he do?) - can I change it for less than $150?) If it's a real pb from the product, would NI change it for free? (it's nearly new)

EDIT. Sorry for the big up.

EDIT.2 Will this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Native-Ins...item2a2dc3287a get it fixed without any problems?
    Last edited by Balmain; 09-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12