Transporting a DJM-900NXS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Transporting a DJM-900NXS

Hey DJTT'ers!

I just made the decision to get a DJM-900NXS mixer for my new set up! I play a lot of venues that require me to bring all my own gear except for a PA System so I'll have to take my mixer with me pretty frequently, so it's over to you guys. What is the best way to transport this mixer?

Thanks in advance!

Flight Case.. a little bulkier than bags, but less susceptible to dings and scratches..

Cool. Sort of thought so. Thought it might be worth asking. What's the best brand you think? From what I can tell it's just Odyssey and Marathon.

Tech Guru

Prob just a flight case. Just need to make sure it fits since its a little bigger then a reg 12" mixer. I ended up getting a CDJ case for mine cause the style case I wanted it wouldnt fit in the 12" mixer case but it fit into the CDJ case w/ enough room for the back connnections.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Cool. Sort of thought so. Thought it might be worth asking. What's the best brand you think? From what I can tell it's just Odyssey and Marathon.
    Yea... those are the two main options. I personally prefer Odyssey over Marathon, but if I found a deal, I wouldn't mind Marathon either.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Prob just a flight case. Just need to make sure it fits since its a little bigger then a reg 12" mixer. I ended up getting a CDJ case for mine cause the style case I wanted it wouldnt fit in the 12" mixer case but it fit into the CDJ case w/ enough room for the back connnections.
    How's this one look? Marathon MA-DJM900 Flight Road Case to Hold Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus Club Mixer Controller (Black/Chrome)
    Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 02-14-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word.

That's exactly what I would buy. Looks like they made that model specifically for the DJM900. it would be nice if it had the slide-iin/out slot for the back, that way it is easier to route the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    That's exactly what I would buy. Looks like they made that model specifically for the DJM900.
    Perfect! Thanks man, they also make a model for a bit more with a laptop shelf. In your experience how stable are those?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Perfect! Thanks man, they also make a model for a bit more with a laptop shelf. In your experience how stable are those?
    IMO, I don't like the laptop shelf. I don't like having the laptop right in front of me. I use a Crane Stand Pro and set it beside a deck at an angle facing towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    IMO, I don't like the laptop shelf. I don't like having the laptop right in front of me. I use a Crane Stand Pro and set it beside a deck at an angle facing towards me.
    That's exactly what I have. So plan is then, I'll get the standard case and just pull it out when I set up so my X1's can set next to it then I'll use my Crane Stand for my lappy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast