Traktor 2.10 stress test - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

OK, yeah, DVS... that makes total sense. Input latency especially is bad on audio.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Dual boot was one of the easiest things I had to do on my laptop. Very little computer skills required. I think I spent most of the time figuring out how to rename different win and how to order them the way I wanted them to be on the startup (my OCD).
    I can't imagine having to manually disable wifi, webcam, services everytime I want to start Traktor and how much time would that require.
    Do some benchmarks. I suggest youll find that you are getting no extra performance at all for those tweaks, depending on the age of your hardware.

You only need to disable those things if you are getting an active Real Time break in your audio.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    For Traktor DVS on Core2Duo machine, I had to optimise the shit out of it to get my audio latency to be usable.
    For Traktor DVS on a core2duo machine, I didnt have to optimise the shit out of it at all, and Im getting around 9ms. As with everything, the devil is in the details. There was quite a range of power within the Duo chipset range.

It is running lean, but I havent really disabled any services, and im not using any hardware profiles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I talk about stability, you talk about performance...and then you say stupid thing like this. You lack basic discussion skills mate (and I'm being police here.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Do some benchmarks. I suggest youll find that you are getting no extra performance at all for those tweaks, depending on the age of your hardware.

You only need to disable those things if you are getting an active Real Time break in your audio.
    Why do I have a feeling that we're running around in circles with you?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Yeah, this conversation has most definitely looped... was that 8 bars?

For Traktor DVS on a core2duo machine, I didnt have to optimise the shit out of it at all, and Im getting around 9ms.
    How are your cuts with 9ms latency???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

How are your cuts with 9ms latency???
    9ms is fine for playing guitar, so its fine for cutting too. Its not as if scratching requires better timing than playing guitar.

Standing 10 feet from a guitar amp adds 10ms of latency. Musicians are more than capable of adjusting to that and so should DJs.

Its not as if scratching requires better timing than playing guitar.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

The average crab scratch is 6 movements in about 1/3rd of a second (333 ms). Thats one movement for every 55.5 ms.

Now the human brain takes 9-13 ms to process audio information. It takes 4 ms to react physically. Add this to your latency and compare time for movement.

Now you can see how latency DOES affect performance.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast