Getting new laptop etc. Couple of Q's for yall... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

sorry mate, but it's a Mac from me too used PC's for soo long for other things that I would never trust my music or DJ stuff being on one! way too many conflicts, not that I have tried windows 7 yet, I normally leave a new OS for a few years so they can iron out bugs and crap that microshaft like to leave in their OS's

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    not that I have tried windows 7 yet, I normally leave a new OS for a few years so they can iron out bugs and crap that microshaft like to leave in their OS's
    meh 7 is vista with a facelift pretty much. no real bugs as they were ironed out in vista, lol

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

I just bought a refurbed Dell XPS 1530 (2.6ghz dualcore, 4gb memory, 1680x1050 screen, all the bells and whistles).

Vista died within 20 minutes of starting updates, Win 7 kept getting latency spikes.

Turns out that it's pretty much identical component-wise to a Macbook Pro (except with a nicer screen). Put OSX on it, everything was recognised straight away and it runs Traktor like a fucking dream.

TLDR: I spent 450 quid and got over a grands worth of Macbook Pro equivalence.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    the question was is there any issues running Tpro with Win7? Not I'm buying a new laptop pitch me into buying something.
    No issues unless your laptop has dpc latency issues like mine did (thank God for Hackintoshes). Search for DPC latency, download the checker, whack it on a memory stick and run it on whatever you plan on buying.

Red spikes? You won't be able to do highend audio without at least a bit of buggering about.

meh 7 is vista with a facelift pretty much. no real bugs as they were ironed out in vista, lol
    just remembered the homegroup sharing/sleeping thing, but that's not such much a bug as a stupid default setting you have to change

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I just bought a refurbed Dell XPS 1530 (2.6ghz dualcore, 4gb memory, 1680x1050 screen, all the bells and whistles).

Vista died within 20 minutes of starting updates, Win 7 kept getting latency spikes.

Turns out that it's pretty much identical component-wise to a Macbook Pro (except with a nicer screen). Put OSX on it, everything was recognised straight away and it runs Traktor like a fucking dream.

TLDR: I spent 450 quid and got over a grands worth of Macbook Pro equivalence.
    just as a thought....

my win 7 (originally vista) 3 year old laptop has;
    2ghz processor (celeron)
    2gb ram

would i be able to go that route on my 'traktor' boot and run osx in place of win7 on that boot, if i wanted?
    but, assuming specs are up to it, would that cause issues on the dual boot menu on start-up? never considered this until now, but might be worth a tinker if i get bored one day....

SoundCloud

if you are looking to turn your windows laptop into a mac, then just google 'hackintosh' and see where it leads you.

If the mac os supports your hardware, then you may be able to do it.
    Of course, its not officially supported.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

why is it as soon as someone hints at buying a windows based product (laptop or even a phone) the mac boys have to jump in with 'get a mac! you should buy a mac!'

the question was is there any issues running Tpro with Win7? Not I'm buying a new laptop pitch me into buying something.

FFS

j/k

Fine....DON'T get a Mac.

All good.

Just don't cry on here when it flubs!!

KEKEKEKEKEKKE

Just teasin!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Fine....DON'T get a Mac.

All good.

Just don't cry on here when it flubs!!

KEKEKEKEKEKKE

Just teasin!

i love it when windows gos tits up, then i can fix it and feel smrat for mending it

spelling mistake was on purpose

SoundCloud

When its during a gig?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast