Meet the Pioneer DJM TR-909 (A mod project)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Meet the Pioneer DJM TR-909 (A mod project)

What's up guys I'm happy to announce with some purchases from the classifieds, a little frustration, and a lot of reassembling I present you the Pioneer DJM TR-909. I originally got the idea after seeing this video ( ). I contacted the guy asking how he did it and the ass hat wouldn't tell me and wanted to charge $450 for the job. So I thought "Get real" I could do that (Note: I could not).

Upon taking apart the 909 I discovered space would be tight but persevered. At this point I had a Audio 6 that I had taken apart and with almost 0 soldering experience decide to give things a go. I got cocky and thought I'd solder the USB connection straight to the PCB board and unfortunately I got my points backwards and fried the board .

At this point I found another Audio 4 on here and decided to seek local help, found a guy who modded Xbox systems and he did the soldering for $25 an hour, a rate I was more then willing to pay after turning my $200 A6 into a paperweight. After he got it all wired up I put it all back together and it works like a dream. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of it apart just with the cable coming out haha.

Tech Guru

If anyone is really interested I can take off the fader section and show where I fit the A4.

Nice mod! I once seen a nuo4 that someone had done similarly. Ive never messed around with the 909. Are the fx better than traktors? I just recently hooked my 707's fx loop to my audio 10 and it is a blast!
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Guru

I will see your DJM 909 mod and raise you integrated dicers...I don't think im going to integrate an A6 just because I dont want to have 2 soundcards for when i play out. NIce mod tho.

If you could take some pics of the mixer opened up I would greatly appreciate it. I can start planning my mod without the mixer on hand.

Wouldn't happen to have a link to that NUO4 mod would ya??

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    Nice mod! I once seen a nuo4 that someone had done similarly. Ive never messed around with the 909. Are the fx better than traktors? I just recently hooked my 707's fx loop to my audio 10 and it is a blast!
    Some of the Fader Fx are sweet, my only real complaint with the 909 is the Auto BPM for the FX is definitely dated compared to the DJM 900 or the RMX 1000, especially for hip hop. The BPM pretty much always needs to be tapped in.

I'll try snap some pics of the interior over the holidays. For anyone considering this the Audio 4 is perfect, the A6 would be tight and anything bigger would be impossible. I just hope the A4 is supported for a long time.

Another sweet part is that it's still possible to use 2 decks plus 2 remix decks as decks c/d are just routed through the same outputs as A/B. Obviously you can't stack 2 song since you'd be eqing both at the same time but this is perfect for sample launching or even layering lighter loops and percussion over existing songs.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    I will see your DJM 909 mod and raise you integrated dicers...I don't think im going to integrate an A6 just because I dont want to have 2 soundcards for when i play out. NIce mod tho.

If you could take some pics of the mixer opened up I would greatly appreciate it. I can start planning my mod without the mixer on hand.
    Hey Rukks it's tight, the only spot to fit a soundcard is underneathe the faders. It's the RCA's that make it tight, if it was possible to remove them from the board and then you'd have a lot more leeway.

Sweet mod. Build some dicers into the faceplate and you have a lot of the features of the Z2.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Sweet mod. Build some dicers into the faceplate and you have a lot of the features of the Z2.
    What im in the process of doing. Bidding on a 909 but I have the CNC code written

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast