Quest for Compatible USB hubs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Quest for Compatible USB hubs

I have seen here on the forum time to time. what usb hubs work with our gear as myself is also looking for one.

I have been emailing manufacturers to find out if their hubs do indeed have Multi TT (Transaction Translator), which is what we need due to the vestax and some other gear still in the usb 1.1 world... 99% of the manufacturers don't post this information in their spec sheets because 99% of the customers have no idea what a TT is

So far only one of the brands I have contacted has responded, i will edit and update as which ones I find out on....
    I am still awating responses from Koutech, IoGear, and D-Link

Confirmed Multi TT Hubs
    • USB-1870 7-Port Cables Unlimited Avg Price $30.00
    • GUH274 4-Port IOGear Avg Price $15.00
    • UH-217C-US 7-Port LinXcel Avg Price $20.00 (looks like a cloned USB-1870)

Update 12-23-09 Belkin finally responded... here is a list of their brand Multi TT hubs.
    • F5U237 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub With Power adapter
    • F5U259 7 Port Economy USB 2.0 (discontinued)
    • F5U307 7-Port Plus Hub USB 2.0 With power adapter
    • F5U234 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub (self Powered)
    • F4U017 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub with power adapter

Brand: Rosewill
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your patience as we get the update from our engineers.

All our hubs are using one TT chip because Multi-TT is used for USB 1.1 device to upper the transaction speed.

For USB 2.0 devices, the speed are the same no matter one TT chip usedor Multi TT chip. As MTT is much more expensive, we have no plan to produce USB hub withMTT support.

Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Sophia
    Rosewill Support
    Brand: Cables To Go

Tim,

Unfortunately, we do not offer a hub that will have multiple transaction translators. Our hubs will only have a single transaction translator. Please check with one of our channel partners who may offer a solution for you.

Thank you!
    Cables To Go Technical Support
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 12-23-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Updates....
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Isn't there some way to get access to product spec sheets with some digging? I'll ask my brother about that sometime... he's an electrical engineer and this is his bag.
    http://dj.wondershock.com
    VCI-100 SE V3/Axiom 25 MkII/Traktor Pro/Macbook Pro 15" 4GB Quadcore
    Focusrite Saffire 6/Pioneer HDJ-2000

yea but most of the spec sheets don't say exactly what chipset they are using... (Cypress, SMSC) etc... if they did it would make it so much easier...
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 12-10-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

Tech Wizard

good job timmy, keep us updated

Yea the cables unltd is in fact a multi TT, I have never seen it as any traditional brick and mortar store, only online and not many carry it.....

I am wanting to see whats all out there, someones in a bind and need one quick then a bounce over to a Staples, Fry's or Whatever.. I know the older Belkin TetraHub was but they don't make it anymore,,,

Damn...I just got learned in somethin bruh!

Seriously, great post. I gotta read up on what this actually means (TT) and how it affects my setup.

A real good write up that puts a lot of things into Layman's terms can be found on the Toms Hardware Guide...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ology,677.html

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    That's the one I have and, just a note, it's plasticky as hell. About the size of a pack of cards and lighter than the USB cable it comes with. I'm seriously thinking of repackaging mine in a standard metal box. I also think the USB slots are not great quality and I may replace them too, but as for performance? It does exactly what it says it does. You get 7 ports and everything runs at full speed.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm

- Fatlimey.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    That's the one I have and, just a note, it's plasticky as hell. About the size of a pack of cards and lighter than the USB cable it comes with. I'm seriously thinking of repackaging mine in a standard metal box. I also think the USB slots are not great quality and I may replace them too, but as for performance? It does exactly what it says it does. You get 7 ports and everything runs at full speed.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm

- Fatlimey.
    Aww weak, I was afraid that thing was gonna be cheap from the looks of it. Yeah looks like a project box might be needed to reinforce the thing, maybe a thin metal plate can be gently drilled to the bottom of the case to give it more weight?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast