Mixvibes 2.5 with key detection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixvibes 2.5 with key detection

This looks dope, going to give it a go tonight.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Nice! gonna go give it a try tonight
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Wizard

Neat. Does CrossDJ work with any sound card if you want to use DVS or do you have to use their Umix (Edit: U46MK2 as well) one?
    Last edited by jhoward06; 07-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Give us spectrum waveforms and it's bye-bye Traktor.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward06 View Post
    Neat. Does CrossDJ work with any sound card if you want to use DVS or do you have to use their Umix (Edit: U46MK2 as well) one?
    No you don't have to use their soundcard for dvs, but need cross instead of crossdj.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I haven't made the switch fully yet, just testing the waters. Proving a bit difficult after using traktor for 6 years. A bit more practice. The key detection is cool, especially being able to match the key, although the mix can get a bit monotone like that.

I'm more interested in the stability side of mixvibes. Time will tell.

been using Cross now for 2 months after using Traktor for a long time. And love it to death. after using Traktor I I feel like I'm getting the control back over my music. I've used the 2.5 RC on 2 gigs and I totally love the new futures. Only 2 things I'd like more about Traktor is coloured waveform and Echo Freeze. on all other things Cross blows the other out the water.

P.S. I you are a Traktor user you can import you Traktor Collection.nml file and get all your cue points transfered over
    Last edited by dj gullum; 07-19-2013 at 04:54 AM.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    For you personally? Or the industry in general? Are coloured waveforms all that keep you using Traktor?

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Tech Guru

Mixvibes haven't exactly made a good name for themselves as the makers of Rekordbox. How far can they really go without any dedicated hardware to push people into using the software?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Mixvibes haven't exactly made a good name for themselves as the makers of Rekordbox. How far can they really go without any dedicated hardware to push people into using the software?
    Although Rekordbox might have some glitches it's used by mostly all big name (stadium/festival) DJ.
    Cross is the only DJ software that has HID for all of Pioneer CDJ's with USB connection you can use any 4/4 sound card for Timecode
    their video plugin is amazing most of the popular controllers are natively supported and more get added for each release. I don't see why some dedicated hardware is crucial for their survival.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast