Traktor track name / time to LCD via MIDI! ...using Denon LCD support & Arduino - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Midi track string

So how easy would it be to port the string information coming out of the denon driver into osc to send track titles to touchosc or lemur? because that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    bump - anyone made any more progress with this?
    I have been meaning to come out of hibernation! lol I have been very busy with my new career as a PCB frontend engineer so not had as much time to work on music tech stuff as I have been used to in the past.

I have put Arduino to one side temporarily, I have been developing with PIC and C more recently and now have a working USB MIDI core design. After manufacturing my first Arduino design (01M) I decided that I just couldn't move forward without being able to add USB to my designs. I have not abandoned Arduino, I have just developed a way to add full speed USB MIDI to any of my projects The chip I have been working with is a PIC8F4550 (same as the one on the CUI board). Although I could now theoretically add USB MIDI to Arduino with my recent project, im not sure if it is 'ethically' right to use AVR and PIC in one design!!

So with regards to the Denon LCD MIDI project, I would hope that utilising full speed USB MIDI (no UART emulation / FTDI chip) could iron out some of the issues we were having.

Im currently working some really exciting projects and will no doubt return to the forums in the near future when I have some new and exciting developments to discuss
    ...dreams in binary

Quote Originally Posted by thatdjdjkid View Post
    So how easy would it be to port the string information coming out of the denon driver into osc to send track titles to touchosc or lemur? because that would be awesome.
    The data produced by Traktor for the Denon is all MIDI so I would have thought this would be quite straight forward given the right tools. The MIDI data could be passed out of Traktor over a 'virtual MIDI cable' to a program which could convert the data to OSC. This program would also need to be able to convert the MIDI bytes into a format which controlled a display over OSC. I have not had any time to experiment with Max for Live yet, but I think this program is the kind of thing you would need to use to achieve this.
    ...dreams in binary

good to see you back on the forums man... you and djnecro made some really interesting threads/posts... this place is kinda boring nowadays

Tech Mentor

Can Traktor output deck playing/deck not playing info? I'm building my own MIDI controller and I've got LED indicator on the play button so if I could somehow get info about when the track stopped playing I would turn that LED off.

Sorry for bumping btw.

Yeh, add out > deck common > play/pause.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Yeh, add out > deck common > play/pause.
    Yeah I figured it. Thanks anyways.

Still trying to figure this out to use with my teensy... Not getting it!
    Art, Design & Code
    www.sendoushi.com

huge bump here

Is there any clear guide/tutorial/easy way to actually do that ?
    via the HC4500 or via Autohotkey or via anything else ? Also saw in another thread the same question raised (http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=17719)

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    That's possible using the Autohotkey script I'm writing (thanks to djnecro and siytek for working out all the tricky bits). So far, I've got a Windows exe that acts sits between Traktor and your controller and reads the artist/track name (endlessly! see the 'bugs' above). This information could easily be written to a text file. Can I ask what you intend to do with this text afterwards? It might help me to customise the script to better suit you.

Two disadvantages:

- It requires Windows (no AHK support on MacOSX)
    - It requires a virtual midi input, rather than being plug'n'play
    @MiL0 did you manage to do it finally?

or to make it even easier, is there any way to extract just the trackname/artist name of deck A/B to a txt file ?

thank you for ANY help !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast