Gareth Emery and other Podcasts ect...

Default Gareth Emery and other Podcasts ect...

I know this isn't a prodominately trance forum, but now that Gareth and some others are playing a wider selection, some house and whatnot, I thought it would be great to try and learn from what they're doing, since they play what I do.

My issue is this. Between almost EVERY transition, there is this sweeping buildup which is used to basically bring in the next track. I have mapped a super knob according to armeeofme and it works well, but unlike the podcasts, it alters the sound of the track...they're white noise is played overtop the track.

I don't have an example, but just listen to any transition from him, above and beyond, Tritonal, whoever, it is always there and I can't figure out how to duplicate it...
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What about playing some white noise in a third deck and do armyofme's sweep on it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That might work, I haven't thought of that.

It just seems like all of these individuals have the exact same sound that they use for transitions. I believe that all run CDJs so I don't think they are using a third sample, but a dedicated FX and knob. Driving me crazy, as it is sooo easy to go from one to the other with it.
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    That might work, I haven't thought of that.

It just seems like all of these individuals have the exact same sound that they use for transitions. I believe that all run CDJs so I don't think they are using a third sample, but a dedicated FX and knob. Driving me crazy, as it is sooo easy to go from one to the other with it.
    It also sounds the same every time.

I think most of them have DJM-800s on their riders. Check and see if it has an effect that does it?!?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

I think most of them have DJM-800s on their riders. Check and see if it has an effect that does it?!?
    Most probably it's something like this.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

So now just find a sound that matches it pretty well without altering the track.
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    I don't have an example, but just listen to any transition from him, above and beyond, Tritonal, whoever, it is always there and I can't figure out how to duplicate it...
    What an exciting DJ set that sounds like...!

Quote Originally Posted by tdmusic View Post
    What an exciting DJ set that sounds like...!
    Yeah I know right!?

I feel the podcasts are more about promoting the newest tracks that are out and not about their Djing skills. But with that said, the ease of transitions with that noise would be a sweet deal if I could duplicate it and use it in transitions between genres where the sound is completely different.
    KRK RP8sFG