Someone stole my mix - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

ok fair enough, I often used to sport my bands t shirts with the myspace written all over it...

But this guy - clearly not a 'real' DJ, probably bedroom/microwave at most - who has a t shirt with his name typed on the back in a nasty font. At least make an effort! (/don't give up the day job..)

But is it considered try hard lame if, just starting out and putting my demo out there, that I wear a shirt repping myself?
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEss View Post
    But is it considered try hard lame if, just starting out and putting my demo out there, that I wear a shirt repping myself?
    mate, whatever you're comfortable with. I personally wouldn't - but then again my DJ name is my nickname, and I'm endorsed to wear Dirty Smart t shirts.

Although if you're flyering or something, or just hanging around, then I suppose it would be really cool to do. And then when they actually rocked up to your gig, and they thought you were just a flyering guy - you'd be in there!

Yeah, I'd definitely get ripped to shreds by my buddies if I wore a t shirt with my logo on it.. haha

I just put my name on my laptop. Shirts are just like uniforms to me, and I don't want all my party pics to look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    I just put my name on my laptop. Shirts are just like uniforms to me, and I don't want all my party pics to look the same.
    I dig that. I keep thinking about getting a laptop sticker, but i keep putting it off. I'm gna just do it now!

Mine is kinda bootleg, but you can't tell. I photoshoped the letters and printed in on white paper. I cut out the letters and used that thick clear tape to put it on my iBook. Got the idea from Steve Aoki. Look at my profile to see what it looks like.

I like it was going to get one printed on vinyl but i might just do that, and see how it looks

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    I hope thats not the only credible piece of evidence you have, cause in all honesty, the guy is probably innocent. I've popped plenty of my own mixes into WinAmp, and CDDB told me it was by Garbage, Paul Oakenfold, or Crystal Method. More often than not, it was a name I haven't even heard before.
    +1
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

In all honesty I wouldn't be that bothered by him stealing your mix. If someone stole my mix...uh...how far can they take it? They'll possibly get booked from putting it out there, and proceed to suck at the gig. I'll be on the other side of town tearing shit up live in front of a crowd while he's bombing.

Hopefully the crowd turns on him and throws their shoes at him wrecking all his precious xbox microphones and Skull Candy headphones!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast